1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion Q&A thread

Discussion in 'Lion' started by Darksoul173, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Its not guaranteed. But its really hard to shake the stagger with what little time you have. But there are other options with 46 p+g being so dangerous against the wall. I use 46 k or 9 k for those who dont shake. And gb or 41236 p into side turned mixup for those who do.

2. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    9 k is guarenteed after gb near the wall though.

3. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Anyone can explain me the propertie of the sabaki 4p+k+g

4. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

It works against high p and offers options based on your ring position.

Ex: opponents back is to the wall>you 4pkg(sabaki),p+k(stagger)>wall combo.

5. Mold_Monkey93

Mold_Monkey93 Well-Known Member

I got a question, is, "I thought I'm better." grammatically correct or not? I'm presuming it is but no one would say it that way but Lion. EDIT:I checked it on grammarly.Com. It is.... Oh god.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  6. Stl_Tim

Rion’s Engrish is ok, lemember dat.

7. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    All kind of high p? Half circ, circ, it works from the 1st frame? How many frame active?

8. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    It works as long as its not a full circular high p. And as long as its a single handed high p attack.

9. Ares-olimpico

Ares-olimpico Well-Known Member Content Manager Lion

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    oooops
    Good question maki the most surprised moved I know can be sabakied is brad's Dtee Sawk Lang slipping p+k, i,ll research more information.
    @Stl_Tim you are talking about to choose [2][K][K] or [K]/[P][+][K] with the opponent against the wall. Explain please i need to learn and i hope some player will try play lion

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  10. Stl_Tim

Ares: I’m referring to opponents fastest option when back is against the wall. Ex: p, evade, fuzzy.

4pkg is a great move that is added into a lot of lion’s moves. p,k/ 4p,p/ 4k/ 44p+k etc.

The move set w/it is well suited for a lot of situations.

To me, it has p sabaki which has a delay window and seems ok, but what makes it strong is the moves the opponent has to guess if you stop or not.

11. Ares-olimpico

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    Nice contribution @Stl_Tim
    This reminds me i must to complete the wiki too. Combo Section give me a lot of work...
    Only a note for beginners [4][P][P] [P][+][K][+][G] and [4][4][P][+][K] [P][+][K][+][G] to Tourou Soufu like [6][P][+][K][+][G]. I understand what you explain is for stances not only for [4][P][+][K][+][G]

12. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    What is [4][P][P][P][+][K][+][G] used for anyway? Like you can get hit out of the stance anyway so what is the point?

13. Ares-olimpico

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    my fault i dont konw exactly but you can use 4pp as ender and guess with p+k+g
    Edited too, very sorry

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  14. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Specifically, for opponents that react slow or choke up and hold G when they get interrupted.

The stance option is arguably bad against opponents with very good reflexes and are able to react with control and it is bad against people who mash on attacks.

Against opponents who get jammed on defense when they don’t expect to be interrupted, it is an option that opens up guard break and other games.

You should not build your game around this option, but it provides some fun games against those who are susceptible to it.

That said, 4P is an excellent move and Lion players will do well to master 4P :)

—-

Side Q&A: Can you condition a strong opponent to be susceptible to the stance?

A: Yes, probably, but the amount of effort required likely has better mixup/conditioning options after 4PP than going into stance.

However, is successfully using the stance against good opppnents fun? Yes, it is. Just that it carries higher risk. But what is fun without risk? :p

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  15. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Very true. Since this post I have found out that 4 P can sort of avoid Highs and certain mids and lows. Although i dont know at what advantage or disadvantage you have to be at.

16. Ares-olimpico

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    Hi mantes
    I need to check, but I use 4p in side turned setups that need 2g then crouching detection starts in the first frame or second. really i dont know if enter in crouching state to avoid catch-throws but i think its enters. Me use this move versus wolf or player who likes fast moves or semicircular highs

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  17. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

4P has an evasive property that basically makes it a standing high crush attack. It’ll beat just about all high attacks, including special high attacks.

It is also an effective, close-ranged, poke :)

18. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    The thing is the stance follow up can be hit out of. At what point do i use it? Only when the opponent is being really defensive?

19. Ares-olimpico

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    Hi @Jason Elbow
    Try to use 4pp as combo ender. You can try setups similar that 4k stance. I will search a video and obtain more information.
    About your question YES you need your opponent are really defensive and don't know 4pp give him +1, unless the first no connect and connect the second in counter in my opinion this setups is very difficult because is not very delayable.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  20. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    You mean 1PP right? 2P has no follow up.