1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion question for those with mooks

Discussion in 'Lion' started by kbcat, Sep 8, 2004.

1. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

What classes of moves do Lion's P+K+G and d+P+K+G parries work against? My guess would be High/Mid Prunches for the P+K+G and Low Punches for the d+P+K+G. Can they parry other moves that I'm not aware of?

kbcat

2. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

[P]+[K]+[G] works against high or mid punches or elbows, and [2][P]+[K]+[G] works against low punches or kicks. Note that it will not parry any moves in those classes that knocks down on normal hit.

3. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Srider said:

[P]+[K]+[G] works against high or mid punches or elbows, and [2][P]+[K]+[G] works against low punches or kicks. Note that it will not parry any moves in those classes that knocks down on normal hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent -- low kicks even. I like that. Also, I can "theoretically" parry DEs and SDEs?

kbcat

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    DEs, yeah.

SDEs, no, because it knocks down on normal hit.

Think of it as Lion's equivalent of Wolf's RAW.

5. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Does lion actually get anything free from his Raw ?

6. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Jide said:

[/ QUOTE ]

He gets a dodge -- which I've found usually gets Lion right behind the opponent for the standing one -- only off to the side for the crouching one.

kbcat

7. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Myke said:
    SDEs, no, because it knocks down on normal hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, you'd think I'd know that by now -- considering how long I've been playing VF :p

kbcat

8. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    [ QUOTE ]
    kbcat said:

[ QUOTE ]
    Jide said:

[/ QUOTE ]

He gets a dodge -- which I've found usually gets Lion right behind the opponent for the standing one -- only off to the side for the crouching one.

kbcat

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh doesn't sound that useful infact i've hardly seen any Lion players use it.