1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion Strategy

Discussion in 'Lion' started by Jason Elbow, May 24, 2017.

1. Ares-olimpico

Ares-olimpico Well-Known Member Content Manager Lion

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    Hi guys i check 1P+k no needs CH
    @Toto if you think 19f is fast enough 46k is the best option. Faster 9k starts a wall combo more damaging than 44k.
    @Jason Elbow you are reason is situacional but seing with the other leg forward than 44K+G or 2KK+G now we have tools in both cases
    2P+K4K works in simiar (diagonal not parallel) situation than 1P+K is safer and faster only note its cover the other escape direction

2. Toto

Toto Member Gold Supporter

Ares I didn't realise 46K worked. Excellent. Can you get the full wall combo (46K -> 9P etc. etc.) after it?
    9K is nice and safe though.

3. Ares-olimpico

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    @Toto yes you can do the 9p full combo
    i note ( only check Eileen) i fault doing my favorite 9p 46p+k 46K+G KK 8P+K easy and damaging if i choose not do 8P+K (oki is the worst ) an start FC 4P+K OR 3/7P+K+G and P+K OR 41236P OR 46K OR 6P+K OR 3K VERSUS BLAZE if your opponent roll. Not all hits works with all character in a far future i will list it. BUT i think 46k is too slow if you want in dojo put you back to the wall, récord the CPU doing this setups, try to struggle and judge with your own speed.
    Some setups with 3K? I usually try 3P+K and 46P+G Exactly the direction lion's opponent usually defend more near the wall
    PK works toó after 3P+K
    Really i need to check if 336P+K Works after this wall hit

4. Ares-olimpico

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    I see in youtube a Lion doing after evade [P][K] and [1][K][+][G][P] to make his Side Turned opponent hit the wall and try [9][K]

5. Ares-olimpico

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    And @Stl_Tim you said [2_][6][P][+][G] can be used for ring out in half fence can explain how?

6. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

I don't remember 336p+g, but 336p+k close to wall techroll leads to a wall stagger r.o.

I'll look into the 336p+g throw though when I'm on next time.

7. Toto

Toto Member Gold Supporter

Hey Ares, I think the optimum combo is:
    Opponent ST - [P][K][P] (you have to hit confirm here. What I mean is, you visually check which hit of this string pushes your opponent into the wall). You will receive a stagger. -> [4][4][P][+][K][5][4][6][K][5][9][P][5][4][6][P][+][K][5][4][6][K][+][G][5][8][P][+][K][5][6][6][K][K].

Stl_Tim likes this.
  8. Ares-olimpico

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    First thanks for this setup @Toto
    i thing the other i was mention need some more distance to the wall.
    in 20170827 東京ベイエリアカップ vol.8 you can see akio using the setup you mentioned above and in 2:21:15 another Lion using [P][K] [1][K][+][G][P]

Jason Elbow likes this.
  9. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Gotta link to the vid?

10. Ares-olimpico

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
  11. Ares-olimpico

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    Hi @Toto
    about the setups with [1][P][+][K] i forget or not realize that [4][4][P][+][K] exec in 19f (without perfect buffering) the same than [4][6][K] is 1f safer is the opponent can struggle and guard and you can do [4][6][K] after it if it connects
    i'd checked [3][3][6][P][+][K] works well after a [3][K] wall hit