1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

lion Surprise Exchange

Discussion in 'Lion' started by Ranix, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Ranix

Ranix Member

I just have a question, after the surprise exchange lion can perform a [3][P][P]. it s possible to protect from the second punch. What s the exact motion to protect it?
    i know that if you do that the lion player have a [[4][4][K] guaranted.

2. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Hold the joystick towards your opponent before the first (guaranteed) hit, at which point you'll be turned around to face your opponent, then simply press [G] to guard the second hit. Alternatively, you can reverse, inashi, escape, etc, the second hit as well.

4. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Re: Lion' L/X

<font color="ffcccc"> Ranix, first go back to the home page here and click on Lion on left VF4 section and go to discusions. Then look for ice-9's excellent "dojo" for Lion VF4.

Lion's L/X (Lion Exchange)has wonderful variations.
    Here are a few for you to help in your nycata:
    The first two are for those opponents that like to try and guard against the second hit. You will enjoy the way your victim's splay. Now go to CreeD's latest FAQ on QR.
    df+P+G>up+P+K>d+K,K (easy)
    df+P+G>up+P+K>b+P+K (stylish)
    The next two are best used immediately after you have the second df+P blocked (imho).
    Give a quick side glance to see your victim's jaw drop.
    df+P+G>f,f+P+G>Pounce (caution: may causes brain freeze)
    df+P+G>df+P>f,db+P+G>down>FC_f+P+G>b,f+K+G (watermelon stomp)>Pounce
    and for those that "really like to use [3][P],[P]:
    df+P+G>df+P>f,db+P+G>up>df+PP* ;P
    (Flashy)</font color>
    * thx to xaxak and MetalButter of NO MERCY Club

5. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    df+P+G>df+P>f,db+P+G>FC_f+P+G>up>df+PP

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you mean to put the >up before the >FC_f+PG ~ = ]

but really nice L/X's /versus/images/icons/grin.gif xaxek is awesome!

Edit: btw do you know what irc server and channel the NoMercy people hang out in nycat?

6. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Thx Proof. You are 100% correct. See above post with the appropriate change made as per your observation. Yes, <font color="orange"> xaxak</font color> is a very fun and creative <font color="fffffcc"> NO MERCY </font color> Club <font color="purple"> Lion </font color> player. So also is <font color="yellow"> Metal Butter </font color> , their webmaster and master of ceremony at their Club Battles. They both write poetry and draw quite well too. Their URL is found in a link at the bottom of: Brotherhood of Lion and I believe here at VFDC in the links section.

7. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

oops I forgot to mention that I wanted to know what IRC server and channel the no mercy people hang out in~ I already know the webpage and xaxek's Lion page~ sorry about the confusion

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

go to irc.nuri.net
    and join #¹öÆÄ4
    that's it!
    If you download a program called njwin, you can see the korean characters the way they're supposed to look. It makes smileys 10 times cooler /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

9. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I wanted to add that the basic guessing game, as it was explained to me by a good lion player... is this: If the opponent is predicting the df+P,P and is going to use the trick to avoid it, you can do an immediate b,b+K and for some reason they cannot guard it. I have yet to test that. So the opponent must eat either the df+P,P combo or the b,b+K,P+K combo... just predict which way the opponent will go.

Alternately you can do one df+P, then an immediate throw to be wily.

10. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

oops.

I tested using df, df, G as a method of escaping both the df+P,P and the b,b+K,P+K. So after lion's SE, [3][3]+G seems to be the safest option there is.

11. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Alternatively, you can reverse, inashi, escape, etc, the second hit as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

aw jeah...who wants a little Llany lovin' /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

cheers,

12. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

aw jeah...who wants a little Llany lovin'

Reno does.

But on a more serious note. Is blocking the second hit guaranteed if I have the correct timing to CD into guard or is it guaranteed if My timing is on and the opponent's timing is off on the [3] [P][P]?

I was told recently that if the Lion player did it correctly "no can escape".

GE

13. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

it's guaranteed from my testing, I believe that I buffered the first df+P... but anyone who wants to try their own PS2 tests can double check. I guess what's happening is that it takes one or two frames to turn and guard, and the first df+P is hitting during those frames.

14. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Why not just use a [P],[P],[P] or[P],[P], [P]+[G] ? it works really well and the potential for damage is much larger.

15. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

[3][P],[P] can be guarded unfortunately~( i used to think it cannot be guarded..bleh~)

[8][P]+[K] is guaranteed~

16. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

why not use PPP

Dunno, but df+P,P also works really well. I could swear this is the first time I've seen the df, df, G method posted publicly. So maybe df+P,P won't work so well /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

I think taking one guaranteed df+P, then throw is probably your best alternative. It's a 50/50 guessing game for them.... risk eating the second swipe+pounce or risk eating a painful HCB or FC throw.

17. Hayai_JiJi

The first two p's are guaranteed(or alteast i cant block them) then its a 50 50 guessing game with either the elbow neting you a KD or a throw. With the KD you cant TR for fear of BS so thats another free df+p post combo. Then you have to worry about those godawful FC f+p+g combos. Although shun can do his db+p+k+g to avoid both but most characters do not have that option.

18. Mike90210

Lonely:
    [P],[P] is -5 on hit. If they do [2][P] theyll be able to stop both throw and elbow.
    Also I dont know if Im just drawing a blank but how can Lion make a KD with elbow?

19. Hayai_JiJi

its his canned elbow from the b,f+p+k,pp string. Its kd's on MC and since its a string no you cant d+p it. thanks for coreecting me it always looked like a ppp to me.

20. Mike90210

Good to clear that up. I dont know why I couldnt think of that elbow making a KD and I play Lion /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif
    I think people dont use that because its pretty easy to EDTEG after the first 2 hits. If you use [3][P],[P] or [4][4][K] theres no thought of evading.