1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

lion tactics

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by alantan, Oct 2, 2001.

1. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

I just had my first taste of VF4 by accident. haven't been to the arcade for months.

First thoughts, Lion still looks pretty good. The new move b,f+p+k,p,p is pretty good. (this move is written wrongly in the FAQ downloaded from gamefaqs) I need some advice on vs tactics, especially important changes from VF3. Is the tech roll (u+G+P+K) useful? never tried it yet. not used to doing that.

What is the use for the d,d/b,b+P? soo slow to come out. Does it has any special properties??

I hate the fact that they removes the E button. sigh...

Still the game looks pretty good. So who is the strongest character in VF4???

Thanks in advance.

PS: Is Feixaq chris?? If it is you, long time no see. You still playing VF??

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

DUDE!!!! I haven't heard from you in freakin' ages! Hey, send me an email at <font color=red>christan@pobox.com</font color=red> or ICQ me at <font color=red>5836001</font color=red>. Would love to catch up, man.

[​IMG]

3. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

P.S. do you still keep in contact with Wu Meng and Colin? I don't have their emails or phone numbers handy...

P.P.S. send me your phone number in an email or ICQ, i'll call you and we can chat about lion tactics etc. easier than typing.

[​IMG]

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Tech rolling is very important unless you want to eat insane ground combos!

5. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

Re: lion tactics -- d,db,b+P

From what I have come to understand from a poorly translated "System" section of the offical Sega AM2 VF4 site, d,db,b+P is a "handling attack" (aka. sabaki attack). What the hell does that mean? Well, my best guess is that it is similar to a Guard'n'Attack move from Fighting Vipers. For a brief period the move is uninteruptable, i.e. you can't MC it.

Of course, this is just my best guess until I can actually play a game of VF4... damn it why isn't it in North America yet (Canada at least :p)

kbcat

6. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

In VF4, the sabaki is any kind of move that "eats up" an opponent's attack (there's an associated DJ scratching sound) and continues executing. Kind of like an inashi except that the move is an attack rather than a parry. Akira's b+P+K+G, Sarah's P+K, Kage's b+K are other examples of sabaki moves.

[​IMG]

7. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Sarah's P+K ehh? I always just thought I was lucky lol

Adio.

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    P.P.S. send me your phone number in an email or ICQ, i'll call you and we can chat about lion tactics etc. easier than typing.

uh, sorry for intruding, but is there anything wrong (apart from typing, which you seem to handle quite well btw) with discussing lion tactics here?

And hi Alan. Many of us remember you from rgva. Welcome aboard, and nice to see you're still into VF.

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

uh, sorry for intruding, but is there anything wrong (apart from typing, which you seem to handle quite well btw) with discussing lion tactics here?

nope, nothing wrong at all, just lazy, is all. plus i can catch up with an old friend at the same time as discuss vf4 tactics, all in one phone call. =)

[​IMG]

10. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

Hi chris,

went to your site and downloaded all the lion clips. very useful. I guess a picture is worth a thousand words. One can learn much more from the movies than reading posts :)

I can't wait for some one to organise a tournament in Singapore :)