1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion tactics

Discussion in 'Lion' started by Mindscan, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Mindscan

Mindscan Active Member

ok, so I'm a solid Lion player (been a user since VF3), i'm not anything spectacular in my oppinion but good enough to hold my own in a fight and not get completely mopped.
    anyways i don't know how many people on here are hardcore Lion users but i know there has to be some experienced and advanced players on here that could share at least some wisdom on how better to use Lion and be a more efficient fighter. i.e. some battle tactics or fundamentals to the character that are essential to furthering development as a better VF'er

Oh and could someone please send me a link where I can find some good chibita vids? i would really appreciate that.

2. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

I'm not a lion player, myself, but here's a thread Maddy put together

It's got vids for EVERY character, so I'm sure you'll be able to find a Chibita video or two in there /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Good luck and happy hunting!

3. Mindscan

Mindscan Active Member

thanx mate

4. Bibulus

Bibulus Well-Known Member

heres a question for whoever plays lion... I saw chibita on the Evo DVD and Jide from some matches Ive gotten from somewhere start lion's catch throw and then use [9] or [3] [P]+[K]+[G] into another throw. I cant seem to find the merit in that and was wondering what it is

5. ZSS

ZSS Well-Known Member

The only reason I can think of is to overcome opponent's throw escapes, since Lion's regular catch throw followups can be escaped by b+P+G and f+P+G. Suppose you could go for a neutral throw after uf/df+P+K+G, or for df,df+P+G. But more often you can see people doing Renkan Sakusui after the catch, or db+P+K or something like that.