1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion vs Jacky

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by perry_warren, Mar 22, 2002.

1. perry_warren

perry_warren Member

why is it so hard to bet jacky with lion. I'm a very good Lion player but my friend always beat me with the character, Jacky.

2. ken

ken Well-Known Member

You're obviously not good enough...

You need to first understand why you lost. A simple one liner admitting that you simply cannot beat your friend proves this.

If you're serious about improving at least ask a serious question. Unless you're expecting an answer like:
    "You should block his attacks and hit him more often. Also throw him if he blocks all the time!"

You should ask your question again and try explaining Jacky's strengths. What does your opponent do to attack and defend against you?

A note vs Jacky. Jacky's best moves are iniated from a HP or ME(Thats high punch and mid-elbow.) except beatknuckle. He doesn't have many low attacks. Before Jacky can attack low he must attack high or mid first. Jacky has shitloads of mid attacks.

Meteor Punch is your answer. If you don't know how to use Meteor Punch then I'd say once you learn how to use it properly you'd improve a lot. Jacky's best moves are his Beat-Knuckle and Elbow. Use meteor punch to force Jacky to use more high-risk moves or stop him from using his Jabs, elbows and mid kicks.

In general.. block his first high/mid attack and low punch him.

3. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

Depends on how you fight with Lion and/or how Jacky fights with you. The Jacky players that I play against love to rush me and be close to me so that I don't breath. But at the same time, I can do the same with Lion. Far away is not a good way of playing Lion versus Jacky. Too many of his moves take a lot of frames and Jacky can quickly hit you out of it. Also, the side step that uses the p+k+G is very good against Jacky. Just like the other guy says, watch out for his medium attacks. He's got a lot of those.

4. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Well, in my experiences playing jacky, a lion and jacky matchup is an exciting match between two guys fighting over frames and position. You'll have to hone your skills with lion to take down a good jacky especially one that knows when not to swing. Try some of lions crumple stuns, also, possibly throw more. Throwing in VF is a "HUGE" part of the gameplay. But yes jacky isn't easy to take down, and it sounds like your friend is pretty good so, practice, practice, practice. =) later.

5. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

One thing that's helped me is to rarely finish a combo -- if you do, you're dead. Mi 'em up a bit, do some dodging. Generally that's how Jacky wins -- he'll hit you once w/ just a normal punch/elbow, and THEN pull off the combo, thinking he's just going to punch again. In short, you just need practice.

6. Ura_Bahn

Ura_Bahn Well-Known Member

When i face a Jacky player with Lion,
    knowing that Lion is faster, the player always seem to show off all kicking moves like the lighting kick or K, K and P, K moves. When the player starts to do the lighting kick i always press D, K, K to trip em and any follow up that come to mind.