1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

lion's db+p+k

Discussion in 'Lion' started by P1553D, Apr 7, 2002.

1. P1553D

P1553D Member

i am having problems figuring out what to follow this move
    up with. i mean, i do it and it hits, but the opponent can
    always counter attack before i do a follow up attack.
    another move that i need help with a follow up to a lesser
    degree is the db+k+g. this one is not like the first. i
    can get a follow up attack in, i just wanted to know what
    were some of the best ones.

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Thread moved.

3. SINphul

SINphul Member

Take a gander over at ice-9's Lion Dojo on this site. It explains what moves you can use to follow the one in question. It has a wholel list of other great moves too...

4. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Before VF4 as the western world knew it... the move that is Lion's db+P+K used to knock down opponents. It was a move that could generally be whored out (in the views of some) because it was a quick low poke in one sense, a poke that avoided a good number of moves in another, and for the most part--knocking down led to something Lion can also do well--okizeme.

Anyways... I think it was in Version B when Lion's db+P+K became a pure poke that didn't knock down at all.

If anything the move is used to simply peck some damage as a low attack avoiding a variety of high and mid attacks. However, I've been interrupted by a few low attacks like low punch if I recall. More or less, it does a tad bit of annoying damage... but I haven't found any superb uses in its current state aside from having a lot of situations where you can tack on a tad bit of damage easily. Not to mention that Lion isn't necessarily in the best of situations after even hitting with the movie either...

-Chanchai

5. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Yes you have successfully answered your own question. Maybe its because the move is designed not to be able to be followed up by any moves.

How many moves in the game dodge and hit low FFS!