1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion's double flip-kick

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Freud, Jan 10, 2002.

1. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

i was watching the vf4 clips and saw chibita's Lion land somersault flip kick TWICE each time the opponent gets laid down.
    anyone knows how he manage execute them that fast...in order to squeeze 2 kicks in? r both kicks u+p..or uf+k
    or a mixture of both?

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I think what you're seeing is b,f+K+G (which hits a downed opponent) followed by u+P. The opponent can QR/TR after the b,f+K+G though.

3. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

Myke, u r right abt b,f+K+G which hits downed opponent. I believe you use this move for this combo... b,d/f+P (opponent crumbles), b,f+K+G. Reason being any other move except u+P, d/f+P and u/f+K can hit in time b4 recovery.

4. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Re: Lion's Watermellon Stomp

Freud ... I have never seen chibita-san play VF4 because of limitations with my media systems ( W95, etc.)and would love if someone would zip up an mpeg of chibita playing VF4 Lion. That being said... I think you will find several VF4 Lion combos that animate in such a way as to give you the impression of a double- flip kick. Mountian Climb FC_f+P+G 35 points damage-> b,f+K+G->up+P (Pounce)95 points total damage ~ or~
    FC_f+P+G-> b,f+K+G -> b,f+K+G ( 75 points damage{?} works against light to mid weight characters . xaxak vs. parapa_DX is an excellent zip mpeg that I have enjoyed. You will see both Lion's use the <font color=red>Watermellon Stomp</font color=red> (b.f+K+G) with victim on ground or falling from throw. If victim is not on ground the kick is not called <font color=red>Watermellon Stomp</font color=red> naturally. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    Link added: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/nycat.geo/Lion>www.geocities.com/nycat.geo/Lion</a> Look for the picture of Korean Feast after battle and then go to Team Battle.

5. ken

ken Well-Known Member

The combo is indeed.. however after the b,f+K+G doing his stomp using (u+p) is not as good as doing the stomp via (u/b+p) due to tech roll.

So the combo is:
    b,df+P (guaranteed stomach crumple)
    b,f+K+G
    u/b+P (i like to tap P repeatedly to ease the timing)

if opponent tech rolls then you will automatically jump back instead.