1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion's f P (fc)

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Chanchai, Sep 28, 2000.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Well, I'm just sitting here after some classes, playing my VF... Anyways, I've been doing stuff like back dash,CD,f and P (what's with omitting pluses?!) against a manequin Akira (mainly practicing the new taiwan step if that's what it's called) and the odd thing is that on some hits, Akira is getting launched like a counter. not sure if it's mC or MC property, but it's a counter, he gets knocked up into the air and you get that classic echo sound. Maybe I overlooked this in faqs and what not, but what is causing the counter property exactly? BTW, it's doing 30 damage whenever I do it.

-Chanchai

2. Chanchai

Hmm... further testing it out, I guess it's probably just a distance thing. I don't think this is anything completely new, just curious if anyone knows exactly what it is.

I've also been able to get it quite a bit after low P, f and P. Anyone knows exactly what's going on? Shota?

The more and more I do this, and with a higher success rate, I'm guessing it might be distance, doesn't seem to be stance, but it's probably that I'm hitting Akira in a certain frame window in his regular standing. Is this what it is? Is there a counter-hit window of frames in the normal standing animation? In any case, it's been fun for combos on an opponent that's just standing there. I think the low P that I mentioned above is mostly just to start the standing animations so Lion can sync the time. Anyways, hope I get a response on this one...
    <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Chanchai on 9/28/00 09:12 PM.</FONT></P>

3. Chanchai

After some experimentation this is what I think I may have discovered (on my own, I'm sure someone knows about this if it's true, it's in the game so I can't say I "discovered" it, but you know what context I meant).

I hit Akira with Lion's from crouch punch during a certain window of frames in Akira's standing animation. The approximate time seems to be when Akira's hand is at the top of its bobbing animation. It doesn't seem to be stance dependant, but of course combos are affected. Another way is that when I hit Akira with a low P, it resets the standing animation and approximately probably a tad less than 30 frames through, I do the from crouch Punch and Akira is countered into the air and the damage on the hit alone is 30. Many combo options.

However, this is just something I've been messing with and probably in no way is it applicable during play, just something neat.

Hope someone knows more about it.

-Chanchai

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    pluses

(what's with omitting pluses?!)

b+P+G -> df,DF,f+K -> P -> b+K+G -> f,d,df+P

Do you see pluses in the above line? The appear fine to me. Anyone else having the same problem as Chanchai?

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?