1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion's Low Kick in Evo

Discussion in 'Lion' started by Chanchai, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Sigh... Lion's low kick in evo seems so much weaker. I'm curious if [2]+[K] [K]+[G] is ever guaranteed anymore...

In VF4C, a MC [2]+[K] almost always led to a guaranteed [K]+[G] followup. Aside from [4][3]+P, it was my nice anti-high attack. It was almost a nice, cheap poke combo in certain situations.

What I realize in Evo (to an obvious extent) is that the [K]+[G] is never guaranteed if the opponent's interrupted attack results in a crouched position.

I still nail it in high standing positions, but I'm convinced an opponent would be able to crouch themselves to avoid the [K]+[G] followup (as unlikely as that might be when interrupting an opponent high-initiated combo set).

Is this certainly the case in VF4 Evolution? That the low kick-whip kick sequence is never guaranteed? Or did they just eliminate the subtle stand-up of the opponent when they got MC'd by the low kick?

-Chanchai

2. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    It's still good. I actually should use it more. It goes under a ton of strings and pokes, like against jacky and his elbow, elbow, [P] pokes, or his [P], [P], [4][P], [K]. And I'm pretty sure only Pai and Shun can duck under the [K][G] part if getting hit while ducking and its a counter. It seems to hit everyone else. And no one can duck it if they are standing and its a counter.

Also you can use it in float combos against some of the heavier characters. I know I've done it on Jeff and Akira. I'm sure it would work on Wolf too.

But, I hardly see even chibita use it, so either it's potential is still untapped, or there's a reason for that. Who knows.

So from what I can tell, yes, the [K][G] is guaranteed on all situations as long as its a counter, and as long as it's not Pai or Shun. Against Pai or Shun, if they are ducking and you counter them with [2][K], [K][G], they can duck the 2nd part. If you counter them while standing, they can't duck. So no one can duck or guard while standing.