1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion's meteor punch

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Sausage Man, Oct 29, 2001.

1. Sausage Man

Sausage Man Active Member

In faqs that I have read, it states that this move is a parry of sorts. I currently have had zero success with this move (qcb+P). Does anyone know at what time in the animation that he actually parries? I seem to get punched out of it all the time.

2. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

It supposedly only works vs. HIGH punches, elbows, high and mid kicks. If the black book is right, it won't work against mid-level punches like Akira's single palm or Lau's knife hands. It also won't work against side kicks. It's only good vs. kicks like the Bryant's punt kick that hit mid but are reversed by standard high kick reversal animation from characters like Akira. Using the meteor punch specifically to parry an attack is extremely high risk, IMO.

Unfortunately, I can't help with the timing aspect... I would assume its like reversal timing, maybe a little bit later in the opponent's attack execution...

3. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

I read on the board at VP that the timing is early. I kind of agree with that from my experience. It is only during the early part of your move that you can parry. you can get interrupted during your poking animation. It is okay as you generally use this move after opponent blocks one of your attacks so the opponent attacks during the early phase of your sabaki