1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

lion's new catch throw

Discussion in 'Lion' started by Two_Bit_Mage, Aug 17, 2003.

1. Two_Bit_Mage

Two_Bit_Mage Well-Known Member

could someone help me out with the timing for the "ppp" in lion's new catch throw? its been annoying me pretty bad that I cant pull it off..

2. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

It's pretty rough. YOu need to start the [P][P][P] about one nano-second after he makes his little grunt sound after succesfully pulling off the [6][1][P]+[G]. Also, don't hit the [P]'s too fast. Needs to be a noticebly slower than how fast you'd hit it if you want to do 3 punches. It takes a while, but worth it when it's done.

I must say, that window is TIGHT.

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
  4. Two_Bit_Mage

Two_Bit_Mage Well-Known Member

I can pull off the first 2 punches pretty easily now but the last one is driving me crazy

5. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Well, whether or not the 3rd punch is going to come out is decided before, or just as the 2nd punch comes out. As before, the timing feels very weird, but you'll get it. Just practice.

6. Anton

Anton Well-Known Member

If you put the help on, i think its the last one with [G][P][K] and an analogue stick on the side.Go to the command list and get a demonstration then look at thathelp thing to get the timing right.Hope that helps even though it is a bit rough.