1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion's oki nightmare

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by a_l_e_x, Apr 1, 2002.

1. a_l_e_x

a_l_e_x Active Member

Played against this Lion, who used handstand kicks(double lk that looks like mid kicks, d/b+KK?), u+KK, or throw when you are getting up. Was terrified when I was like knocked back down over and over again... What should I do?

Also, the u+KK move, looks like a very good move to me. If your opponent like to use it ALOT, what would you do? It's not throw counterable right?

2. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

both of them are half circular moves which u can dodge.

3. SG-Lion

SG-Lion Well-Known Member

I used the okizeme technique in VF2 and VF4 for Lion. (I missed VF3 and VF3tb). When I played against the similiar Lion, I will wait on the floor when I am downed. Meaning, I delaying my response. The reason is, instead of I am guessing what he/she going to do next. The opponent has to guess what I am going to do. Works for me most of the time. But, I will run in the risk of being pounce. At least, it becomes a better guess game. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Sg-Lion

4. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

u+KK is mid, then high. You can duck the second one. Watch out if you're playing against a good Lion though (not CPU, but real player. I use Lion at the arcades. A good move is u+K, b,f+P+K (your opponent is usually standing there now) then throw 'em. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

5. a_l_e_x

a_l_e_x Active Member

u+KK is mid, then high. You can duck the second one.

Oh really, I always thought that's mid, mid. There's a mistake on Lion's playlist at this site then. Thanks a lot for the info!

6. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    There's a mistake on Lion's playlist at this site then.

Lion's u+KK has been corrected now. Thanks.