1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Little Guide for Jeffry in Kumite

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Chibitox, Apr 26, 2002.

1. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

-I've got a Subjugator Jeffry with a 88% winning (~500+ wins ~70 losses), the two orbs Items and I won the 100 wins Item from another Jeff.
    So here are some basics techniques and advice I found to work well in Kumite :

-Start the round with f+P+K, Machine Gun Knee (QCF+P+K), dash, wait for opponent to do a rising attack then u+K+G
    This works ~80% of the time for almost half bar damage !! I never got throw escaped with this throw by the CPU so use it!

-Sometimes U can try to go for Raiding drop (u+K+G) for the rest of the round if u time it properly (wait for the early frames of opponent attack then go for it) If opponent block rise without rolling with a low punch then input the throw of your choice immediately (quite garanted)

-After a Back Flip Throw, let the CPU do his risig attack first and counter him with your rising attack then immediately go for throw (splash is recomended here)

-Always try not to go for the same throw more than 2/3 times in a round or else your gonna get reversed.

-After a knee combo (ex Knee, P, Knee) if the CPU TR, crouch dash and "splash Mountain" him or block their rising attack (usualy a low punch) and low throw him.

-VS jacky and Sarah try to use the "power slam" throw as it makes them rise with their special kick which is easily throw counterable.

This is all I remember for now, hope it will help, feel free to add some dark techniques ^_^

2. MNGL

MNGL New Member

a regular kumite round with Jeffery:

b+P - drop elbow to the ground
    d+P+G - pick up throw
    b,f+P+G, f+P+G - 2X headbutt throw
    d/b,f+P+G - machine gun punch throw
    u+K+G - rainbow butt drop
    b,f,f+P - baseball punch (blocked = guard stagger)
    d/f,d/f+P+G - crucifix piledriver throw (overkill: any throw work here)

MNGL

3. Boumxyz

Boumxyz Member

Here's an hint

You can do the Hell stab ( F+P+K ) and then continue with D,F+P+K+G

But also you can do this D+P+K and then continue fast with any low throw

Or if you need more range D/B + P+K and then any low throw

Another combo that works almost with any character no matter the weight

Knee, Then D+P follow up with B,D/F+P,P

You can also do the same combo with this as starter..

Instead of knee do B,F+P+K and then follow with rest ( this one is even more garanteed )

I use Two hands attack often cause they can't be countered. It can only be dodge.

I use head butts attack a lot also for the same reasons.

Hope it helps