1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

LOL watch this guys

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Oct 12, 2000.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Hey Spod,

First of all, thanks again/images/icons/smile.gif

Is Kura's site (don't know the name of the site so I just call it that) usually just popping videos every few days and taking off the older ones? Or does he actually store them somewhere? Digging around that site, I wasn't able to find an archive so I figure he's just rotating videos? However, do you have any of the older ones?

-Chanchai

P.S. You're the one in Vancouver, right? Or was that someone else? Just curious because I was thinking of going up to Vancouver sometime to visit Tellure for some matches sometimes... either car or plane, I should be fine/images/icons/smile.gif (though that would be a 6 hour drive...)

3. Chanchai

Geez... (shake your head kind of geez)....

Wouldn't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen the Nyan_Gerira match...

But this is almost as bad as one of the '99 Spring PGL matches for Quake 2 that ended in 0 to -1 in the whole 20 minutes of the round... However, there is at least a side story to why that match was the way it was... but this... *sigh* oh well. Hehe, I think I'm closer to understanding what Shota's been talking about/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

4. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

come play VF in japan: setting new levels in reducing the VF game to utter garbage.

whee.

--
    "A chem bla deshembla blurr fuh bli fouzh"

5. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

Geez... (shake your head kind of geez)....

The match was apparently an exceptional case, as the crowds in the background were laughing and jeering. I actually had more fun listening to those crowds....

Se-Girl vs. Sam match is more like how the typical match in Japan goes nowadays. It is muchi but very subtle if you look closely. That's what I meant when I said Japanese guys play the game very differently from how they used to. Because back-dashing even once was unthinkable before.

6. Chanchai

"...Because back-dashing even once was unthinkable before."

Wow, really? hmm... I must be some machi bastard.... Back Dashing has become quite a part of the way I play. It's certainly not everything, but I use it quite a bit. Depends on situation and opponent (as well as what he may be conditioned towards) of course. The main application being after an opponent blocks my attack and I don't think he'll do a move with range or something (I do either back dash, or what someone called "the zap"--not too crazy about that term but heck, I didn't make it up).

I guess on that note, I should ask people what they classify machi as exactly... I mean, I'm not a complete zoning player or anything, but it seems to be something I've been using more and more (well, on the guy I mainly spar with, with people that are newer to the game, I mostly use blocks to encourage them to work on their defense like that-- like how Hiro had kept emphasizing on me at NY, but he did also tell me that back dashing and crouch walking backwards were options to consider as well).

I guess with my lack of experience, I only thought of one form of machi, that being what was shown in that clip (but not necessarily like that), or maybe like your TA hit, run away for the rest of the match kind of deal/images/icons/smile.gif But then again, Clopin and Rich have told me that zoning is also considered machi (I get the impression that it is generally considered "machi," but to a lesser degree-- more of an irritance?). I guess I never considered it as a chicken form of play since it's got its weaknesses. Maybe I have this all wrong... Oh well, seeking clarificatioin/images/icons/smile.gif

Anyways, I hope I'll get to challenge you again someday soon Shota/images/icons/smile.gif Much has changed for this padtzer since NYG2/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

7. Guest

Guest Guest

SPOD me

Hey SPODme. Tellure told me awhile back that you're in Vancouver right now. We should definitely get together and play very soon. I'm not sure when he's getting back from his vacation, but send me an email at mskupa@radical.ca so we can hook something up.

Mike

8. Guest

Guest Guest

sure

I'll mail you Mike :)

9. Guest

Guest Guest

to Chanchai

well,Kageo said that his editing some video's including
    some old one's, but I'm not sure if his gona update every
    week or so, and I actually dont have any old video clips.
    but if you are coming to pls give me a beep.
    ICQ# 61552850
    later