1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

London: Gamerbase willing to host sessions

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by DS91, Jul 14, 2012.

1. DS91

DS91 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Dat91Scrub
    Someone mentioned on another thread that there wasn't much going on in London for VF, and raised a question about Gamerbase hosting sessions.

I went to Gamerbase and asked one of the guys in charge (Malcolm) how they felt about VF sessions.

He was very open to it, as long as there were going to be people turning up. If they can see support for the game, they will be happy to arrange setups.

I'm a VERY junior member of this community and I don't want to step on anyone's toes! I just wanted to point out that Gamerbase seem willing to host if there is support, and to put my name on the list as someone who is willing to turn up.

If anyone else is up for it, sign on to this thread and we can gauge the interest.

2. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

I would come to those as well when possible. I've been too busy and tired lately and have barely played VF5FS but I'd be interested from next month.

We had VF5 sessions there before a few years ago that went well. I'm sure most of them would be interested as well if they knew.

3. DS91

DS91 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Dat91Scrub
    That's good news Shoju! 2 of us can at least have a match...

4. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    If there are sessions next month I might be able to join. A trip to London is long overdue for me anyways [​IMG]

5. MegaMaN85

MegaMaN85 Well-Known Member

whoop whoop! 20mins train ride to a VF event up west? need more details cause I'm happy to support the scene! [​IMG]

6. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I could do a trip down to london now and then.

7. Chinsilver

Chinsilver Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ChinTitan
    I'd be willing to come down. Just need more details and to see if im free.

8. DS91

DS91 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Dat91Scrub
    This is looking better...

9. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

Put me down [​IMG]

10. MegaMaN85

MegaMaN85 Well-Known Member

Just hope the spoons is still open across the road! Would need time to "calm my nerves!" :p

11. Hardsoul

Hardsoul New Member

When SSF4 came out I remember Gamerbase hosted a few things there so good to know they are open to hosting some Virtua Fighter sessions. Easy for me to getr to aswell. Never played there myself but could be fun!

Pai~Chun likes this.
  12. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    As far as I was told that Gamerbase wouldn't allow us to but if they don't mind I don't think anyone would mind.

13. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I was also told they had no available slots in the evenings in July/August. This was a few months ago and i can't even recall who i spoke to.

All good if they've freed up space.

14. Aion

Aion Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RoseOfMay
    XBL:
    ReturnToPlanetX
    It's like walking distance from my place so I'll be down depending on what time.

Pai~Chun likes this.
  15. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    VF will be at London Training Grounds 8 THIS SUNDAY. I know it's short notice, but everyone should drop what they're doing and show up anyway.

The thread is here

Who is actually in contact with gamerbase? What was asked and what was said?

16. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    I was in Gamerbase yesterday. They mentioned that it only cost £15 for 1 setup. They have four setups so this would cost £60 for an evening.

Between lets say 10-15 a £5 entry should cover it. The only problem is this would mean no prizes if we do a ranking battle.

I'm going to e-mail the management to find out what days we can do it on.

17. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6ALySsPXt0

For the moment it may be the only way I can get to play you guys as Gamerbase is really convenient for me. Got too many issues with my health, tiredness and a lot of things on to make it anywhere far. Would really like to hear about your's and Marly's Evo experience too, it was nerve wracking just watching you 2, can't imagine what it was like to play with so much on the line.

18. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

Dont mind paying a bit more considering the amount of play time and the cost of something similar like watching a film