1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

London VF5 RB's

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Crazy_Galaxy, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

Hi,

Was speaking to the Prince earlier today and he is looking to hold the 1st rb for vf5 at ezone on the 14th of july, post here to show interest and ideas.

Old vets and new players welcome, new players can come to compete and also learn the game and ask questions about vf.

Last seasons vf4 rb champion was Gho, will the same thing happen again in vf5 era?

p.s
    The more people who turn up the more chance also there will be future rb's, so it's up to the players if they want a competitive vf scene to show their support.

p.p.s
    For those who don't know rb = ranking battles,point based torni on a semi regular basis to determine who is the best overall.

More details to follow later.

2. Jeffahn

Jeffahn Well-Known Member

*throws proverbial hat in the ring*

3. Akairyu_Medion

Akairyu_Medion Well-Known Member

The idea is very good and I'm all for it but the date conflicts with Summer Showdown 07 VF5 tournament.

To be honest I'm more into going to Summer Showdown as there are more general heads and the prize/competition will be greater. I will be more inclined to play better for my £15 at SS07 than £5 at Ezone.

It would be best to reschedule the RB to another date which doesn't conflict with another tournament or event.

4. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    I'm pretty sure Hatim can change the date for a better time.

Just don't make it the 22nd /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

5. Akairyu_Medion

Akairyu_Medion Well-Known Member

Me personally I don't care what the date is as long I can get enough notice to see if I need to book that day off to come down.

6. Crazy_Galaxy

yeah my bad didn't check the dates, i'll try and get hatim to change it.

7. Kay

Kay Well-Known Member

I'd like to head over, though I'd be more likely to participate in friendlies rather than the event, as I kinda suck right now.

8. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

Yeah I'll try to be there, I think Leo will come as well.

9. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

i'll be there ~~

this time i wont lose in the finals twice.

10. DammyG

DammyG Well-Known Member

I'll try and come, will there be friendlies aswell?

11. Crazy_Galaxy

yeah 21st July is the new date i've been given hope that is ok,

yes there will be lots of casuals give people a chance to get warmed up for the torni.

I'll post more info and directions etc later when i get a chance.

p.s: Also neo empire vids from the last event are up:

http://www.neoempire.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2154&st=0

Have to create an account to view it,
    results were
    1. Gho
    2. Yuu kun
    3. Prince

Few people were missing and I'm retired for now so I don't expect these positions to hold at the next rb unless those 3 prove me wrong /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

12. DammyG

DammyG Well-Known Member

Gah I'll probably be busy that day.
    Will there be another one afterwards that I can go to?
    I'm up for any VF5 meet up in london area as long as I can make it.
    BTW who is the best akira player in UK, is there any vids?
    I would show myself playing but I still have problems with computer, need more practise:(

13. YuuKun

YuuKun Well-Known Member

stop using this retirement as an excuse just because you're losing most of your matches thesedays, if you're really retired you wouldn't be posting here and playing casuals as often as you could. i supposed to be retired from it (as well) but i turned up on the day and it happened to be fun and entered the tourney, and do you see me moaning about retirement when i play bad, or using any excuses. please... stop your moaning... it's dragging the game down with you and your trunk load of excuses (everytime i see you) is making my head numb. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

14. ElectricLeo

ElectricLeo Well-Known Member

I'm IN!

I think this should be equally billed as a day of VF, rather than just about the last few fights and the prize. Think of the cash being spent to enter as a contribution to the day's gaming rather than your attempt to win the prize. Otherwise, only three people should really bother entering. And none of those are Optimus :p

15. Crazy_Galaxy

I'm retired from torni's for now yeah does that mean I'm excluded from playing casuals then?, how many times do I have to explain it? :p
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    i supposed to be retired from it (as well) but i turned up on the day and it happened to be fun and entered the tourney, and do you see me moaning about retirement when i play bad, or using any excuses. </div></div>
    Well guess what I turned up on the day too and helped run the torni (entering and running torni is too tiring), I don't recall moaning about my play anymore since that last session at yours /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">please... stop your moaning... it's dragging the game down with you and your trunk load of excuses (everytime i see you) is making my head numb.</div></div>
    "trunk load of excuses" was quite funny /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif I only offer critical observations of play now, if people don't want to improve or take it the wrong way then it's up to them, the head numbing part I'd see the doctor /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Few people were missing and I'm retired and shit, I fully expect these positions to hold at the next rb as the level of play and skill on show was mind boggling</div></div>

Happpy now? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

16. YuuKun

YuuKun Well-Known Member

i don't need your criticism or commentary while i'm playing. i'm planning to beat you up in the next RB. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

17. Crazy_Galaxy

New era new identity's,
    Yuukun now = Sensitive Chicken /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

18. ElectricLeo

Hi guys,

There's about five of us n00bs who should be coming to the next one, but we can't seem to agree on when the date is. When is it?

19. ElectricLeo

Oh no, if it's the 22nd I can't make it!

20. Kay

Kay Well-Known Member

I knew it was the 22nd...

Guess I'm staying at WEEEEL'S place then, and not getting my prize from Leo when I beeeeat him. :'(