1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a sparring partner? Post in here.

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by IkariWarriorKH, Jan 16, 2008.

1. SafeFriend

SafeFriend New Member

Re: Just picked up a copy of VF5O...

Looking to get back into this game. I'm in the West Coast so add me if you want a good training partner.

XBL: SafeFriend

2. nappybeard365

nappybeard365 New Member

im looking for some fights on xboxlive anyone looking to go a few round send me a message nappybeard365

3. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

I finally bought a 360 and VF5(my first copy) and joined the Live. I used to play VF4 seriously but stopped playing for quite a while. My game is outdated and my reaction's slow but I play to get better and will try to get up to speed. I welcome any friendly and serious competitions minus trash talking. [​IMG]

My gamer tag is maddyAKIRA43. I am still very new to the Live and just created my first account tonight. Can't wait to play with the players on VFDC. I would probably be able to only play a maximum of hour or two on occasion but will give my best in each session. I live in Ohio.

Cheers,

maddy

4. AkiraZero

AkiraZero Well-Known Member

yoooooooooooooo! Add me!! Welcome to Live, Maddy! ^^

5. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

I added you via xbl but somehow I can't see you on my friend list... anyway let's see if we can play sometimes~

6. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

Damn Maddy, I ad given up hope. Good for you. You did play that one weekend with Tony Familia.

7. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

If anyone is looking to spar I'm down. IWorstPlayerI and yes I kind of stink but I'll try my best.

8. mus123

mus123 New Member

i just bought the game and i really like it.but when try play online no is there so i wonder if anyone looking some matches my gt:DRomgwtfwhy

9. joanot

joanot Well-Known Member

PSN:
    joanot
    XBL:
    joanovic
    Everyone, feel free to add me !

This game is not as populated online as it should be [​IMG]

10. AkiraZero

AkiraZero Well-Known Member

welcome to VFDC and thank you for your avatar! [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Hi joanot, usually i have a nice connection with spain so feel free to add me and ask me to play whenever you see me online.

12. VirtuaOdeon

VirtuaOdeon Member

I hope I can get some good matches in and learn somethings with the other players here. my GT: TR3 StayReal

P.S: Connection is decent but it could b better, will be getting better internet soon. Still would b nice if I could get some sparring though.

13. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    What is your location? That is ultimately the thing that will have the most influence on connection quality. Let us know

14. VirtuaOdeon

VirtuaOdeon Member

Detroit, Michigan

15. migrations

migrations New Member

HEY my GT is My Gray Shuns
    Looking to practice in preparation for VFFS

16. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

If folks are looking for some eileen vs practice hit me up. NY east coast people for the best connections.

17. vmoney48

vmoney48 Member

I am getting back into VF5 so hit me up on XBL.

18. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Guys, I have to ask if anyone thinks this thread is really that useful?

If you're looking for a sparring partner then, ideally, you should be posting/searching in one of the regional GamerTag threads to find someone as close to you as possible.

Posting in a global thread doesn't seem to reach out to the right audience. When someone in Hong Kong sees someone in Paris looking for a sparring partner, it's just useless forum noise. But when that same person in Hong Kong sees someone post in one of the Asian-region GamerTag threads, then their interest may get sparked.

Unless someone puts forward a compelling reason, then I'm going to lock this thread, and encourage everyone to use the regional GamerTag thread to seek out training partners and general competition.

19. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I think regional is definitely the way forward. Post up your name in your region's thread and it's easier to find people that you're likely to have a good connection with.

Some times folk post here going "Oh, I need a sparring partner" then we have to ask where they're from and all that nonsense.

20. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Good games thread is also a good way to see who's actively playing, most people put their location in their profile so a browse through the last few pages of the GG's thread works well imo.