1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a writer for a Virtua Fighter History feature...

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Tails, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Tails

Tails New Member

Hi,

I'm Graham "Tails" /versus/images/icons/smile.gif I just came from the Always Game board, and run an email magazine called Sega World Weekly. Anyone heard of it? It's been going for over 170 issues (four years) and goes to 40,000 readers. Anyways...

With the amazing sales of Virtua Fighter 4, it would be great to print a feature on the history of the series in Sega World Weekly. Not only that though, but it might also get a big spot in my upcoming printed magazine! 10,000 copies of the printed magazine are being printed every month, 5,000 of those going world wide!

If your a massive VF fan and would like to talk about the history of the series, this is your chance to talk to the masses. Something around 1,500 words (perhaps less, but no more) would be perfect.

I'd really like someone who knows VF inside out though, and who can express the power, beauty and skill involved in the games.

Thanks! Is anyone interested?

p.s Can you believe it, not a single arcade here in Christchurch, New Zealand has Virtua Fighter 4! But they've got plenty of Tekken 4 units /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I can crank out that many words on VF, but I know a guy who may be better qualified to do a history piece. I'll pm details, and if you want to reach me I check pm's on this board every day.

3. Tails

Tails New Member

Excellent! Thanks, I look forward to talking to you guys. Perhaps he could email me on madcow@ihug.co.nz ? That would be great.

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

sure. new zealand eh!?

5. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

You should find a translator. Famitsu has a VF History thing on their website somewhere, which is quite extensive. I'm a bit in the middle of another project at the moment unfortunatley, but would be fun.

6. Tails

Tails New Member

Yep New Zealand... middle earth /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Ah thanks but it has to be a totally original feature. Or at least have really clear permission from who ever wrote it, because it could be going into my print magazine.

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

ok, I have your writer in tow. He'll prolly get in touch by email, but it couldn't hurt to check pm.

8. CIN

CIN Well-Known Member

What did I tell you Tails. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

9. Tails

Tails New Member

Excellent, yep he sent me a message.

Thanks very much for that, and to CIN who suggested I ask here /versus/images/icons/smile.gif I look forward to posting the feature here too.