1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for Akira throw combos and follow-ups

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by LemonMan, Feb 7, 2002.

1. LemonMan

LemonMan Active Member

I'm looking for throw follow-ups that are guaranteed.

As far as I can tell, after the close-in ram a stomach pounce is guaranteed (b,f+p+g --> u/f+p). If you're close enough to a wall, you can get b,f,f+p+k also, which hurts a lot and leaves you in nice position.

I'm looking for other guaranteed follow ups to things like the stumbling trip and the pull-in throw variants.

Thanks.

2. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

The b,f+P+G can tech-rolled if the opponent doesn't hit a wall. The surprise exchange, both guard breaks and stumble (d/b+P+G, f+P+G, d+P+G and b,d+P+G, respectively) all have canned follow ups of single (qcf+P) and double palms (HCB,f+P). The inverted BC (d/f+P+G) guarantees a ground punch (d/f+P), as does the pull-in (d/b,f+P+G) if they hit a wall.

That's about all I can name off the top of my head, though I'm sure there are more.

3. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

hey fuck face, didn't you mom ever teach you to say please?

4. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

err, shang...?

wtf??!@!?!?@!??

5. LemonMan

LemonMan Active Member

She did, but I never really listened to my mother the way I should have. I was too busy playing video games and all.

6. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Here are a few followups:

for surprise tumble: D, f+P+G-> m-Dbplm (df, DF, b, f+P)
    for surprise exchange: HCB, f+P
    for pull-in throw: P+K-> m-Dbplm
    d (or u), P+K-> SDE
    d (or u)-> f+P+G-> Stplm (b, f+P)

Try downloading movie clips from <a target="_blank" href=http://www.daioh.com>www.daioh.com</a>. There are tons of Akira clips which show throw combos and follow-ups.

7. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Dude, you need a hug, or a stripper?

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

please give me some combos, asshead!

Laff, anyway, to answer the question:

Some really mean wall combos I got the other day in practice mode.

ST, sgpm [wall], yoho, dbc - damage ranges from 83 to 103 pts.
    b, d+P+G ---> d,f+P (canned followup) [wall hit] ----> d/f,d/f+P ----> b,f,f+P+K

ST, sgpm, m-dbpm [wall], AS3.
    b, d+P+G ---->d,f+P (canned followup) ----> d/b,d/f,b,f+P [wall hit] ----> d+K+G,f+K,b,f+P. Ground punch after brings damage to about 85 pts if you're lucky.

ST, sgpm[wall], stpm, d+K+G, AS3. Probably TR-able, possible ground punch at the end. About 85 pts if everything hits.
    b, d+P+G ---> d,f+P (canned followup) [wall hit] ----> b,f+P ----> d+K+G ----> d+K+G,f+K,b,f+P

ST, sgpm, stpm, d+P, d+K+G, f+K (2/3rds of the AS3), bodycheck.
    b, d+P+G ---> d,f+P (canned followup) [wall hit] ---> b,f+P ---> d+K+G, f+K ----> b,f,f+P+K

The last hit does a measly 8 pts of damage or so.
    There are more... once you have this sucker at home you'll be coming up with combos all over the place.

9. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Shang, where did that come from? /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

I thought it was a valid question, and not knowing that the b,f+P+G throw can be tech rolled out of isn't a crime.

10. LemonMan

LemonMan Active Member

I've got clips from both Daioh and TBZone, but can't always tell the how these things are done. The df,DF,b,f+p for example, or the Suprise Exchange ->HCB,f+p, I never would have figured out on my own. Thanks.

11. LemonMan

LemonMan Active Member

Would you believe, I DO have this at home. Just got it up and running on Tuesday night. It was the second time I ever played this game. *whewh* What a load to learn.

I worked with some of the ST combos you listed and even got a couple of them off. I like the first one particularly. Any move called "yoho" deserves to be used constantly, and the damage from it is really beefy.

I really like the wall implementation in this game. Being an old Tekken player, I really think they ripped the wall mechanic right the hell out of VF for Tk4. I can't say I blame Namco, though. It's a great addition.

Anyway, I'll start finding combos when I can DLC regularly. Until then, most of my practice mode time is spent learning the trickier basics. Thanks for the ST->wall stuff.

12. LemonMan

LemonMan Active Member

Would you believe, I DO have this at home. Just got it up and running on Tuesday night. It was the second time I ever played this game. *whewh* What a load to learn.

I worked with some of the ST combos you listed and even got a couple of them off. I like the first one particularly. Any move called "yoho" deserves to be used constantly, and the damage from it is really beefy.

I really like the wall implementation in this game. Being an old Tekken player, I really think they ripped the wall mechanic right the hell out of VF for Tk4. I can't say I blame Namco, though. It's a great addition.

Anyway, I'll start finding combos when I can DLC regularly. Until then, most of my practice mode time is spent learning the trickier basics. Thanks for the ST->wall stuff.