Looking for Akira throw combos and follow-ups

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by LemonMan, Feb 7, 2002.

1. LemonMan

LemonMan Active Member

I'm looking for throw follow-ups that are guaranteed.

As far as I can tell, after the close-in ram a stomach pounce is guaranteed (b,f+p+g --> u/f+p). If you're close enough to a wall, you can get b,f,f+p+k also, which hurts a lot and leaves you in nice position.

I'm looking for other guaranteed follow ups to things like the stumbling trip and the pull-in throw variants.

Thanks.

2. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

The b,f+P+G can tech-rolled if the opponent doesn't hit a wall. The surprise exchange, both guard breaks and stumble (d/b+P+G, f+P+G, d+P+G and b,d+P+G, respectively) all have canned follow ups of single (qcf+P) and double palms (HCB,f+P). The inverted BC (d/f+P+G) guarantees a ground punch (d/f+P), as does the pull-in (d/b,f+P+G) if they hit a wall.

That's about all I can name off the top of my head, though I'm sure there are more.

3. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

hey fuck face, didn't you mom ever teach you to say please?

4. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

err, shang...?

wtf??!@!?!?@!??

5. LemonMan

LemonMan Active Member

She did, but I never really listened to my mother the way I should have. I was too busy playing video games and all.

6. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Here are a few followups:

for surprise tumble: D, f+P+G-> m-Dbplm (df, DF, b, f+P)
    for surprise exchange: HCB, f+P
    for pull-in throw: P+K-> m-Dbplm
    d (or u), P+K-> SDE
    d (or u)-> f+P+G-> Stplm (b, f+P)

Try downloading movie clips from <a target="_blank" href=http://www.daioh.com>www.daioh.com</a>. There are tons of Akira clips which show throw combos and follow-ups.

7. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Dude, you need a hug, or a stripper?

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

please give me some combos, asshead!

Laff, anyway, to answer the question:

Some really mean wall combos I got the other day in practice mode.

ST, sgpm [wall], yoho, dbc - damage ranges from 83 to 103 pts.
    b, d+P+G ---> d,f+P (canned followup) [wall hit] ----> d/f,d/f+P ----> b,f,f+P+K

ST, sgpm, m-dbpm [wall], AS3.
    b, d+P+G ---->d,f+P (canned followup) ----> d/b,d/f,b,f+P [wall hit] ----> d+K+G,f+K,b,f+P. Ground punch after brings damage to about 85 pts if you're lucky.

ST, sgpm[wall], stpm, d+K+G, AS3. Probably TR-able, possible ground punch at the end. About 85 pts if everything hits.
    b, d+P+G ---> d,f+P (canned followup) [wall hit] ----> b,f+P ----> d+K+G ----> d+K+G,f+K,b,f+P

ST, sgpm, stpm, d+P, d+K+G, f+K (2/3rds of the AS3), bodycheck.
    b, d+P+G ---> d,f+P (canned followup) [wall hit] ---> b,f+P ---> d+K+G, f+K ----> b,f,f+P+K

The last hit does a measly 8 pts of damage or so.
    There are more... once you have this sucker at home you'll be coming up with combos all over the place.

9. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Shang, where did that come from? /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

I thought it was a valid question, and not knowing that the b,f+P+G throw can be tech rolled out of isn't a crime.

10. LemonMan

LemonMan Active Member

I've got clips from both Daioh and TBZone, but can't always tell the how these things are done. The df,DF,b,f+p for example, or the Suprise Exchange ->HCB,f+p, I never would have figured out on my own. Thanks.

11. LemonMan

LemonMan Active Member

Would you believe, I DO have this at home. Just got it up and running on Tuesday night. It was the second time I ever played this game. *whewh* What a load to learn.

I worked with some of the ST combos you listed and even got a couple of them off. I like the first one particularly. Any move called "yoho" deserves to be used constantly, and the damage from it is really beefy.

I really like the wall implementation in this game. Being an old Tekken player, I really think they ripped the wall mechanic right the hell out of VF for Tk4. I can't say I blame Namco, though. It's a great addition.

Anyway, I'll start finding combos when I can DLC regularly. Until then, most of my practice mode time is spent learning the trickier basics. Thanks for the ST->wall stuff.

12. LemonMan

LemonMan Active Member

Would you believe, I DO have this at home. Just got it up and running on Tuesday night. It was the second time I ever played this game. *whewh* What a load to learn.

I worked with some of the ST combos you listed and even got a couple of them off. I like the first one particularly. Any move called "yoho" deserves to be used constantly, and the damage from it is really beefy.

I really like the wall implementation in this game. Being an old Tekken player, I really think they ripped the wall mechanic right the hell out of VF for Tk4. I can't say I blame Namco, though. It's a great addition.

Anyway, I'll start finding combos when I can DLC regularly. Until then, most of my practice mode time is spent learning the trickier basics. Thanks for the ST->wall stuff.