1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for cheap VF4 places in SG

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Pinkgirl, Oct 7, 2001.

1. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

LOL! I "used" to play Jacky, and yeah, there was some
    "rivalry" between Kiat/ZZ and me/Leonard. I don't know if I
    had other "enemies" at tt time, but I wouldn't be surprised
    even if someone I knew had a grudge against me, after all,
    I was getting monster winning streaks everywhere(including
    Funan) and I seldom talked to my opponents. Its just
    obvious that the local VF scene is factionalised.

ZZ really shouldn't have lost to Leonard in the final, he
    was the best player at that time(I couldn't even Cdash
    properly then, haha).

2. Morpheus

Morpheus Well-Known Member

Hi Chris!
    U r still alive!!! Long time didn't hear from u. Don't know if u still remember me or not used 2 challenge u in Country. Where u often use Kage to challenge. Drop me a line, if u r comming back this Dec. Would like 2 challenge u in VF4. Just like old times!

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

ZZ was the only guy who bothered meeting up with me to spar in VF3tb when I came back...

4. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Hey Ron,

Sure thing, I'll definitely let you guys know when I'm heading back to Singapore later this year. =) Would love to meet up with all the old school VFers.

I'm sure I know you by face, but I can't connect the name atm... hehe. Anyhow, my email is feixaq@pobox.com and my ICQ is 5836001.

-- Chris

[​IMG]

5. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Umm...

ok ok ok ... I keep seeing this post pop up. But, can we not move our nostalgia of who's still dating who and who got married and who wasn't nice way back when to the general discussion forum?

cheers,

<font color=white>Llanfair</font color=white>
    <font color=orange>Booyah daddy mac! I'm stylin!</font color=orange>

6. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Re: Umm...

ok ok ok ... I keep seeing this post pop up. But, can we not move our nostalgia of who's still dating who and who got married and who wasn't nice way back when to the general discussion forum?

Er... no, for several reasons:

1. Not everybody reads the General Forum. I can think of several people (myself included) that bookmark straight to the VF forum, and only check the General Forum on occasion.

2. You will notice that some VF players (currently or formerly from Singapore), who might otherwise have never registered on the VFDC forums, were prompted to do so in order to respond to this thread. Jimmy, Morpheus, alucard... for example.

3. The thread is, overall, VF-related. There is an overarching discussion on where the VF hotspots are in Singapore, which arcades have crap sticks/button layout, and there is an exchange of personal contact information so players can meet up.

4. Sure there is talk about off topic stuff like who got married and such, but the fact is that you're dealing with people who haven't seen or heard from each other in YEARS, and with the release of VF4, this forum is like a reunion of old VF friends. Since RGVA is no longer the main discussion forum for VF, the VFDC forum is a wonderful replacement (and thanks to Ice-9 and Myke for setting it up).

5. Similar threads exist in the VF (not General) forum featuring local content, e.g. "Funland Toronto" and "vf4 buttons in SHGL" that may not have relevance to the VF community at large, but are nonetheless highly relevant for regional players.

6. If you know that the topics discussed in this thread are not relevant to you personally, you really don't have to click on it! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

-- Chris

[​IMG]

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

If we do, we should also move all future bitch fights and cat calling to the General forum as well. Heh heh, like that's even possible.

8. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Heh, it's your site. Moving bitch sessions to the general forum is your call, too. And it wouldn't be such a bad idea. :)

Doesn't really matter, to be honest. I was just replying to ruffle feathers because there's no 'mark all as read' option and when I'm in the Main Index and it says that there's new posts, I hate being psyched out with a thread about dating, etc.

Chris has a point though - the thread indeed contains relevant information to the VF community in Singapore.

It's all good.

cheers,

<font color=white>Llanfair</font color=white>
    <font color=orange>Booyah daddy mac! I'm stylin!</font color=orange>

9. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

talking about the Chinese-speaking VF-ers, anyone know where Ivan, Yongkang, Charlie & Donald have gone??? Miss Ivan's loud jokes and taunts of "you are god!!!!!"

rotfl

:-D

================================
    {{ <A target="_blank" HREF=http://shreddedbits.com>http://shreddedbits.com</A> }}
    Desktop downloads

10. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

Oh and my status has been "elevated" to "newbie"!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

================================
    {{ <A target="_blank" HREF=http://shreddedbits.com>http://shreddedbits.com</A> }}
    Desktop downloads

11. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

U all do sound like a nice bunch of ppl to play VF4 with~

Maybe going back home won't be so boring after all~

<font color=red>~~~ 'Flock off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

12. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

FeiXaq! Do I know you? You mentioned Beauty World's David. This Genie. VF2 FAQ author!

Chia Jin Ngee

13. Genie47

Jimmy, being 31 is the best thing. Life afterall begins at 30. I'm 33 and have done many things, VF and running a marathon. Ah yes, now VF4 has come. :)

Chia Jin Ngee

14. Rolander

Rolander Member

Hi, Christopher, do you remember me?

Also a hi to Alan Tan, you *should* remember me ...

(Psss ... to all others, I wasn't much of a VF3er, but I met Chris and Alan through VOOT and I have been keeping tabs on the VF scene since VF3 died out here).

Alan, remember we met again at AMK Funland last Saturday, I think. I dunno whether you fought versus, but I think after you left, others came and soon there was a series of versus challenges. I left after my newbie Pai lost 1-2 to someone else.

I went down straight from my army camp this evening, and things in AMK was quite for a while, then the guys who started versus on Saturday dropped in sometime after 7 pm and things quickly goto versus. I left towards 9 while they were still fighting it out with others (in VF4, not fist-fights!).

Alan, I have to admit you still have a good chunk of Ah Beng looks and mentality ... well, I'm grateful you thought I was familiar enough to talk to me on Saturday.

15. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

I just got back from the AMK arcade :)

went there after dinner at 9:30pm. Saw three guys speaking cantonese. They challenged me a quite a few times but then stopped. The best guy of them uses Kage (main) and Pai (sometimes) and has short hair with specs. Dunno them though.

BTW, what's with the Ah Beng looks and mentality???

Chia,
    you still alive?? You should know me? I play lion in VF2 and I THINK I wrote the VF2 Lion FAQ :)

16. alexchin

alexchin Member

Hi Alan,
    Guess what, I am the short haired guy challenging you just now... :) Small world huh? btw, you ask 'may I challenge' beforehand, very polite... :) Oh, and I hated you lion's d+P, raising middle sooo much!! :)
    We are from M'sia, me and the guy trying out vanessa had played VF way back in VF2 day(VF1 was too blocky to arouse any interest), the other never play VF before, just try to 'convert' him so will have more VF partners... :)
    Well I enjoyed reading this thread really, reminds me of those good old days back in M'sia... VF2, FVipers, VF3...( but VF3 days seems like less people playing, those 'dark' period.., but now we FINALLY have V4! )
    Well, guess I should thanks pinkgirl for starting this post, but you are not playing very often right, cause never seen any girl VF player in AMK...
    BTW if anyone know when Bugis's arcade had the buttons fixed, please post, it's really expensive for 1.00 per game...

17. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Jin Ngee,
    You bet. I used to meet up with you at Lido Wywy and Marina Square Wywy in VF1, and Bishan/BeautyWorld/Astropolis in VF2. I'm Chris Tan... around 5'8" (1.74m), used to wear glasses, etc etc. Look under "feixaq" in the photos, I'm sure you'll remember me: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.clandxm.com/vf4/svgl_100601.html>http://www.clandxm.com/vf4/svgl_100601.html</A>

Rolander,
    Yep, I remember you too. Played VOOT at E-Zone in Orchard, and AMK as well. Pai is a good character to pick up, I really like using her in VF4. I would have to concur on your remark about Alan's ah beng looks, too. LOL!

Alan,
    Oops. Sorry about that. =P But at least you're polite in challenging, hehe. Will definitely meet up with you when I come back to Singapore.

[​IMG]

18. Genie47

I remember you Rolander. Yes and you to AlanTan, the One-Fingered One :) You went to VOOT I believe. Things have changed a lot. I got married, still working in IMCB fiddling with E. coli and recently Puffer fish. Bro is in Nokia. You can recognise us quite easily now. He is fatter now. Carries a 9210 Communicator holstered to his belt. I carry a 9110 Communicator holstered to my belt :) Bro will soon be a father and maybe train the next generation of VFer ;> to whip you guys. Currently pursuing my BSc in Molecular Genetics part-time. Still got so time to play and explore. Been playing for fun. Not too serious. Eric is still around. Working in SLS in Portable World selling notebook peripherals and accessories. He still wields a mean Sarah. Quite delighted that the VF2 style works on VF4. Met Roy at the Bugis arcade. Ahmad was around playing there a week before. I think he returned to the US for studies.

I disappeared at the inception of VF3 due to the new life with a woman. Also been fiddling around with PCs, overclocking them and stuff. Bro is working on MP3 playing in his Alfa as a hobby.

Chia Jin Ngee

19. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

you from Malaysia, no wonder didn't recognized you.

I think I know all serious Vfers in Singapore by face :)

I always ask before challenging, you never know what kind of people there is in AMK... recently one guy with tatoos challenged me with Akira. He is not bad (just in case he is reading this) but I decided to hold back a little as he looked really fierce. Maybe he may decide to bodycheck me if he loses too much...

20. Genie47

Alex, nice to see people from up north doing the "friendship fights" :) I would be going for the Friendship Run on the Second Link if not for my bad knee.

Speakin of MAL, I remember when the VF2 FAQ is conceived I made a trip up north. In those days, Internet access in MAL is not proliferative as compared to now. Went to every arcade in the KL area distributed some FAQs to spread the interest there.

Wonder if you are one of those who got converted way back then.

Chia Jin Ngee