1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for cheap VF4 places in SG

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Pinkgirl, Oct 7, 2001.

1. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Re: Umm...

Er, Taiwanese, no? Not Mandarin per se.

[​IMG]

2. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Well yeah, both I guess. Mandarin is still the official language if I'm not mistaken.

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Seeing that I can speak both..I find them to be quite different~

<font color=red>~~~ 'Flock off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

4. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Mandarin's the official language just so as not to further antagonize the mainland, I'd bet, just like the official language in Singapore is *cough* Malay, even though less than 20% of the population speaks it.

[​IMG]

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Wow, I always thought English was the official language. You sure? I mean, none of the public addresses are in Malaysian..

6. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Yeah, guess what language the Singapore National Anthem is in. Bleh. To this day, I have no clue what I was singing.

[​IMG]

7. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

I'll be at Bugis this Sat (20/10/2001) afternoon. My dad's PC went dead, the PSU became KFC and was giving a bad smell. I'm going to SLS to get a new PSU and maybe some cables. I'm hoping the PSU didn't take the MB and other components with it. I can drop by Bugis Junction since the MRT is right under it.

BTW, the newbies from what I heard are getting a little better. Many are showing up there. Seems to be the new place for VF4 hangout. Versus Cabinets, fast food outlets, bubble tea outlets :), coffee outlets, MRT, cineplex and shopping outlets to dump your gf/wives to entertain themselves.

Chia Jin Ngee

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Top 10 signs that a thread should be put out to pasture:
    1. The subject wraps around the right edge of the screen and back to the left.
    2. The contents of the replies sound like random snippet from a weekly FBI wiretap of a mob housewife.
    3. When it's just two guys who sound like they're on the phone.
    4. When the original topic is 40 miles and 6 offramps back.
    5. The moderator is threatening to lock it. (note: not really)
    6. Pets are mentioned. (note: except pet message boards)
    7. Even obsessive compulsive people click "return to the board" early.
    8. You wake up facedown on the keyboard after reading the most recent replies.
    9. You need to click through three pages to see the thread in flat mode.
    10. When CreeD comments on it.

Lemme do the english thing and say "Cheers!" so you take it as a joke.

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

9. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Wow, seems like the Singapore VF community is pretty lively. But how come I don't see many people challenging in AMK funland? Perhaps I visit it at the wrong time I suppose.

Btw, Parklane has one versus cabinet at .50 a game. AMK is still charging $1 per game, kinda steep unless you get the $10 card with 28 credits.

Chris: Hmm I think I seen you playing VF and Virtual-On(1,2) before....used to hang out in AMK and Emerald funland? Any way when are you coming back this December?

I read that some one uses Jacky quite a bit. Just wanted to ask if there are any other ways of "floating" the opponent besides f+k.

10. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Chris: Hmm I think I seen you playing VF and Virtual-On(1,2) before....used to hang out in AMK and Emerald funland? Any way when are you coming back this December?

Yep yep, those two places used to be my fave hangouts for VF3 (not VF2 though) and VO/VOOT. Slated to come back between Christmas and New Year, but I haven't got my air ticket yet... will definitely post when I confirm my flight and we'll all try to meet up for games and dinner and whatnot.

[​IMG]

11. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

challenge me lah, I go usually at weekday nights sometimes after 9pm...

I cannot find enough challenges. I use Lion and Wolf. I feel uncomfortable challenging people as they seems pretty happy playing vs CPU and the price is kind of steep.

I will probably go down this Sat afternoon to Bugis to check out the place.

12. Jimmy

Jimmy New Member

Wah lau! I am getting back the old VF2 addicted feeling man! Was at Bugis challenging away this evening. Tried out all the characters for the heck of it. However, only managed to use Lion to win challenges. Never got the chance to play against the CPU. Also learn a few new tricks like how to get up fast after being knocked down. Only used all the old moves as i have not learn the new ones. Lei Fei is very interesting with a lot of consecutive punch and kicks. anyhow play also manage to win a few challenges with this character. One things for sure, the gameplay is much tighter and faster than VF3 which i find too slow.

13. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Week day nights? Hmmmm probably after my exams and stuff. Any way I need to polish up my skills 1st. Can't even complete the game now. LoL.

Chris: Ok ok, I guess I will know when you will be coming back without you telling me any way. :p

14. Wen

Wen Member

Hello guys glad I decided to revisit this site! Doh, finally found out that VF4 is out in SG.

If I'm not wrong I'd recognise some of you guys/gals by face. Not as oldschool (or plain old....heh) as most here; I only started when VF3 came out. But I'm pretty sure I've played some here...

Pinkgirl and BF (alucard on this board?): If I'm not wrong you're the only girl who played VF3 decently? Whose BF is very good? I think I've played you before at both Emerald and somewhere else....

I've met ZZ and ice-9 once each I think, also quite a few others at a gathering organised by Rulakir (Jared?) way back...

I used to play mostly at AMK/Emerald, used mostly Pai/Aoi/Sarah/Jeff/Wolf/Taka..... anyway just to say hi. When I frequented this site a few years back (before VF died in SG and I moved to Soul Calibur) there weren't many SG pp active here.

Looking forward to playing VF4 with you guys again!

PS Fei never realised you were from SG even though I've visited your site before. I'm even also from Rosyth, RI, RJ, quite a coincidence.

15. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I'm even also from Rosyth, RI, RJ, quite a coincidence.

Hmm, were you from the GEP? If so, which year? That often explains the progression from Rosyth to RI to RJC... (Alan Tan was my schoolmate in all 3 schools, too.)

[​IMG]

16. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

I used to play mostly at AMK/Emerald, used mostly Pai/Aoi/Sarah/Jeff/Wolf/Taka.....

Either very light or very heavy... no middle weights! :)

--
    "VF is the resonance AND the wonder." GodEater

17. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Hey..I remember u..
    If u don't remember me ( then again..why should u? /versus/images/icons/smile.gif..I was the lone fool always yaking n yakking abt VF at guardimpact.com~

Welcome here Wen :)

<font color=red>~~~ ' wah~ so rude!mad]~~~'

18. Wen

Wen Member

Hey Summers I remember you. Didn't know you were an expat Singaporean though. I yak a lot about VF on GI.com too, trying to get more converts haha.

Fei: Yeah I'm from GEP, 22 this year, should be quite a few batches down from you (25?)

My main 3 VF-playing friends are all from GEP too lol, bloody inbred community eh.

19. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

HEHE
    I'm actually not Singaporean...one of those 'stayed at Singapore when I was young'~~~

Emerald used to be a hang out place of mine...too bad the machines were SOOOOOO TIGHTLY SQUEEZED next to each other..all it takes to throw me off my game is for a big bloke to sit next to me...followed by the " body leaning left/right..inorder to let big guy occupy the space"...soon to be followed by a sharp " AIEEEEE UPPERCUT CANNOT COME OUT~!"~!

Worst thing abt that place is those skool kids carrying their big ass bags n standing there, watching...basically wanna tell them ' good dog dun block road~!" ( Oh the young punk in me back then /versus/images/icons/shocked.gif)

But what to do..not their fault at all...stupid management~!

<font color=red>~~~ ' IRC
    I Repeat Classes!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by SummErs on 10/23/01 10:55 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

20. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Ahahaha, well, apart from Alan Tan, Colin Leong and Tan Wu Meng were all in my batch as well. And we probably spent most of our time playing while in the military.

If you're 22... you're probably the same batch as some of the RGS girls I know. Send me an ICQ sometime, would love to chat! My UIN's 5836001.

[​IMG]