1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for players in Scotland.

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Faded, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

Ok I fully expect this to drop like a stone, but a couple of us edinburgh folks are on the verge of starting a pretty decent (albiet small) vf scene here.

So anyone else in scotland playing vf?

I'm open to travelling to play a few games with some new faces.

And if you're open to travelling we're going to be holding gatherings here in edinburgh every so often with a range of players from long time enthusiasts to those just starting out.

Now let's watch this thread plummet to the next page!

2. Soi

Soi Member

Are you "Faded" over at ntsc-uk? I'm London based, but good luck finding more local players.

3. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

Yes sir.

Shame I didn't get the chance to play you when we were down. Hopefully next time.

4. MAXIMUM

MAXIMUM Well-Known Member

*bump*...for what it's worth /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

Eh I didn't really expect any response.

Can't complain I guess, things are better now than they've been for a good while.

6. Yaster

Yaster Member

Bam! Just rescuing this thread cos I saw it mentioned in the NOrth UK thread. I just registered there and I'm letting yuz ken that I'm a VF player from Edinburgh. I've seen at least 2 other 'burgh VF players on here his morning so i guess we have a "scene" now, ken?

7. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Yaster said:

Bam! Just rescuing this thread cos I saw it mentioned in the NOrth UK thread. I just registered there and I'm letting yuz ken that I'm a VF player from Edinburgh. I've seen at least 2 other 'burgh VF players on here his morning so i guess we have a "scene" now, ken?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, if you're interestted (and if your schedule permits, and of course presuming you are niether a radge, nor a bam) we tend to gather on wednesday afternoons and play from about 2pm till 5ish.

If you ever feel like coming to one of these gatherings just let me know.

8. Yaster

Yaster Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Faded said:
    Hi, if you're interestted (and if your schedule permits, and of course presuming you are niether a radge, nor a bam) we tend to gather on wednesday afternoons and play from about 2pm till 5ish.

If you ever feel like coming to one of these gatherings just let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha, nah i just say Bam in tribute to Elzar off Futurama fame. Hmm Wednsday is chocabloc during this term, but who knows later in the year

9. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

Well wednesday isn't the only time we have gatherings, it's just the only time we do them regularly.

We get together and play in the evenings every so often when somebody's significant other has bugerred off giving them the flat/house free for the evening.

It's generally a good laugh and I think nobody takes it too seriously.

Hmm I had a point here I was going to arrive at, but bugger knows where it's gone.

10. _stroppa_

_stroppa_ Well-Known Member

Finally registered...

Good to see a new face on the edinburgh vf scene, someone else to get caned by.

Shame you can't make it to tomorrow's wee gathering.

11. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

Don't they allow exclamation points in user names?

Anyways I'm going to stop off at maplin tomorrow and get the jack I need for the audio capture presuming they have it in stock.

12. _stroppa_

alphanumeric only /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

13. Yaster

Yaster Member

ah dinnae yous worry im piss poor and all. So where do yous gather? in an arcade or round at someones place?

14. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

Jackeh!'s place on wednesday. We used to play a little in the arcade just before princess street but due to it being only a)only standard vf4 b) buggered most of the time c) recently been raised to ONE POUND A FUCKING CREDIT YA THIEVING BASTARDS..ahem... we kind of stopped going there.

And don't worry we're all piss poor.

15. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

Incidently I'm aiming for half one-ish tomorrow.

I have a craving for a quick bit of alpha 3 actually.

16. _stroppa_

If you're wanting to play alpha 3 then I suggest you bring your own copy, since my PS2 doesn't have much love for my copy.

17. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

nah i cant be arsed digging it out

damn im tired

18. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

Ok so i seem to have caught Jackeh!'s funky disease.

You sure those jaffa cakes were ok man?

Have you fucking poisoned me! /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif

19. _stroppa_

headache?

stomach cramps?

violent vomiting?

stiff joints?

If your answer to all 4 is yes...

then you're fucked.

20. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

No vomiting as yet. And my joints have been aching since like 1993 or so.

anyways this is uploading as we speak. The link should be working in about twenty mins or so. The sound is a bit funny as I've not really got the audio levels quite right.

The match itself is totally fucking awful by the way. Should have saved so many more matches today, Li and I had some fairly groovy ones I thought.