1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for players in Scotland.

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Faded, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

Re:

You are making Goh angry. This may cause him to mutilate your flesh.

Real men wear make up!

How is the presentation coming Li?

2. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

Re:

[ QUOTE ]
    _stroppa_ said:

I'm just glad I didn't stink the place up with my crappy play like the last time. Still very inconsistent though. Focus would definitely be a good skill as it seemed to help when I was trying to do that.

I think I need to be a level 3 black mage to get my focus ability though. Never mind, I have my royal mail shirt for +3 sartorial fortitude.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah on a serious note I thought you played much better this week, you succeeded on speeding up the play a bit and making me make poor decisions. And you generally seemed a lot less predictable yourself.

Though I seem to have developed this psychic ability to guess when you are going to sweep. I felt pretty good about my own play for a change as well. My struggling feels like it's getting back on track which makes me happy because I do truly despise eating not guaranteed damage.

3. _stroppa_

_stroppa_ Well-Known Member

Re:

I kinda sussed the reason I did so poorly the session before was because I was always that split second behind when it came to decision making. Like when we would both be standing, you always came out with your attack that split second before me. I tried combatting that yesterday when I could concentrate properly.

the more you have that avatar, the more it has come to resemble you actually.

my keyboard is not letting me do apostrophes /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

Re:

I think it's fantastic that everyone out there in reader land will now think I'm a transvestite. Thanks!

Yeah I think the thing both of us really need to try and improve is the speed at which we play, I think we probably talk far too much while playing. /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. LiMeng

LiMeng Well-Known Member

Re:

[ QUOTE ]
    Faded said:

You are making Goh angry. This may cause him to mutilate your flesh.

Real men wear make up!

How is the presentation coming Li?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be lucky if I could get a 50% /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif.

I'm glad it's almost finished though, I could finally start to enjoy life again.

6. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

Re:

At least I no longer have the scariest avatar.

7. _stroppa_

Re:

i think I have to agree.

Li clearly is letting this project stress get to him. Or maybe this is what he meant by enjoying life again.

8. LiMeng

LiMeng Well-Known Member

Re:

[ QUOTE ]
    _stroppa_ said:

i think I have to agree.

Li clearly is letting this project stress get to him. Or maybe this is what he meant by enjoying life again.

[/ QUOTE ]
    /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I found the idea of Chun-li dressing in Zangief's costume very appealing, however I couldn't find such a picture. Instead I got this one, so here it goes /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

Re:

Putting the question out early this week.

Vf thursday? Who wants to come and face my mighty ninja?

And probably a touch more important, what flavour pringles do you prefer?

10. _stroppa_

Re:

I likes the green pringles. I'm not sure why they bother selling any other flavour to be honest.

Thursday is great as always for myself.

11. LiMeng

LiMeng Well-Known Member

Re:

/versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The final presentation is on Thursday morning and I have no idea how long it will last. If it finishes early I'd be able to make it. I'm very sorry, I'm really unsure at the moment.

12. LiMeng

LiMeng Well-Known Member

Re:

So quiet...

Sorry for the text message spam yesterday, that is if you received them /versus/images/graemlins/deadpan.gif

13. _stroppa_

Re:

i didn't receive any texts...what were they? i'm curious now.

14. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

Re:

my phone has been off for about a week so no idea if you sent me anything, will go check.

15. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

Re:

And got one, yes we were. You should have just turned up if you were free!

16. LiMeng

LiMeng Well-Known Member

Re:

I thought you might be sleeping if there is no VF going on that afternoon /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif
    I sent the same message to Graeme as well. Apparently Vodafone's brilliant text message service failed to deliver it (again) /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif I used to think they were good before I started using them.

17. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

Re:

Ok I will try and make sure I have my phone charged for thursdays in future. We both had a pretty off week though, so I'm almost glad you didn't make it. As I'm sure you would have sent kage's winning percentage right down.

Speaking of which: this week? Yay? Nay?

18. LiMeng

LiMeng Well-Known Member

Re:

Yay~~~

BTW: Is TESCO recruiting at the moment? /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif

19. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

Re:

I don't think so, they've been letting temporary staff go at the moment so it's unlikely.

20. _stroppa_

Re:

Royal Mail need christmas staff /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I wouldn't recommend it though.

I'm good for this week. Must do better than last week.