1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for players

Discussion in 'PlayStation Network' started by Izanagidonutz, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Izanagidonutz

Izanagidonutz Member

PSN:
    Izanagidonutz
    Indiana. We have corn :D

2. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    @Jay David lives out there, hasn't been on VFDC in a minute but I remember he was looking for local games. Might be worth trying to contact him on XBL or PSN! I had weekly offline sets for a year and learned a LOT. really miss it.

3. oneida

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    ah nvm, he moved to Phoenix :(

4. Andrew Maier

Andrew Maier Member

I've just gotten into the game on PS3 and occasionally poke my head into the ONline section to see if there are any other players (mostly I'm training things in dojo or getting better against Arcade) but every time I've checked there's no one online. Is this typical for PS3?

5. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    It's pretty dead most of the time, some of the die hard online warriors still lurk ranked at various times though.

6. oneida

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    Make sure you're searching worldwide, not nearby

Pai~Chun likes this.
  7. Andrew Maier

Andrew Maier Member

Yeah, did that and didn't find anyone still.

8. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Because the games really old now and the online on PSN is very bad. A lot of players have moved on to PS4 and Xbox One, I still play this offline, but rarely ever drop into ranked because connections are so bad and there is a lot of rage quitters and it's mostly only bad players who don't ever touch the game offline. So since they don't play offline they have a ton of lag based setups, abare, and many other things that only work on PSN.

If you really want matches online you'll probably have to ask for games in shoutbox here and hope someone is in the mood to play at the same time you're online.

Andrew Maier likes this.
  9. oneida

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    i do pretty well searching weeknights, but there's definitely dry spells. blackstar was having trouble finding psn matches last night

jimi Claymore and Andrew Maier like this.