1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for recommendations on 2 things

Discussion in 'General' started by Shadowdean, Aug 21, 2001.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Looking for 2 games to get...both last blade 2 and dragon riders sucked...so I am looking for 2 games - on either PC or dreamcast to tide me over...I love everything but sports games pretty much...
    and also - I am looking for a good cd mp3 player...any recommendations?

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

On the PC, I played Emperor: Battle for Dune (3D RTS) till recently. Also played Max Payne (3PS), which was a great game, but a tad short. Haven't bought a DreamCast game since Metropolis Street Racer, the only game I'm looking forward to on the DC is Shenmue II.

3. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

get yourself a n64 second hand if you havent got one get games like zelda and goldeneye and perfect dark or better yet give up video games

'Strong body but a weak mind' Sam Seed from Drunken Masters

4. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Thanks...I was thinking about Max Payn till I heard how short it is..need something I can go back to...I am a really hard core rts fan...so going to check out a few of them out there now.

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

5. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

Well, even though you say you dislike sports games, you're seriously missing out on your Dreamcast by ignoring NFL2K1 and Virtua Tennis. Both are magnificient titles that are among the best of the DC library.

Other than that, there's a ton of fab DC titles to pick up. Got Shenmue, Jet Grind, Ferrari, Le Mans, Rush 2049,Tony Hawk (1 and 2), Ecco, Third Strike, Quake 3, or Soul Calibur? And then there's this obscure fighting game from Sega that nobody ever plays; I can't remember what it's about, but it seems to be mentioned a lot on the Tekken websites.

-----
    "One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How the elephant got in my pajamas, I don't know."
    -- Groucho Marx

6. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Ack... Q3 on a DC? *shudder*

Soul Calibur... I bought it, but didn't play it much at all. I personally liked DOA2 better (probably because the system is similar to VF).

F355, Shenmue and NFL are great though.