1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Losing Spheres

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by kbelanger, Apr 5, 2002.

1. kbelanger

kbelanger Member

When I played a High King yesterday, I noticed that when I beat him, his sphere disappeared from his lifebar and reappeared above mine. Fair enough, I aquired a sphere. Now my question is this: can you lose spheres when you play an opponent that doesn't have them? If so, do you lose only one or all of them?

2. Nemesis02

Nemesis02 Well-Known Member

Yes you lose them, but I do not know how many you lose.

3. kbelanger

kbelanger Member

Thank you very much, Nemesis. I assume you lose the ones your opponent doesn't have (just like you get the opponents' spheres that you don't already have).

4. Ealsen

Ealsen Well-Known Member

You'll only lose one sphere that your opponent doesn't have

5. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

If you lose a sphere to an opponent, he'll still have that same color sphere when you fight him next time in kumite. Mukky Akira beat me twice taking a yellow and black sphere from me to add to the purple sphere he started with. I've been able to win back my yellow sphere, but I haven't seen him again since.

You can also lose spheres to dan level opponents. A 7 dan Sarah beat me and took a sphere and my bunny ears that I had won from another high king Sarah. I'm still looking for my rematch against her... argh.

6. Shundi_05

Shundi_05 Well-Known Member

I think whether that particular opponent still have the sphere (which you perviously lost) depends. I remember losing my spheres to this particular wolf and shun but I didn't see those spheres during the next re-match. I think they have lost the spheres to other computer opponents. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

/versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif "Look at my picture before my mule kick hit you in your face!" /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

7. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Well that 7 dan Sarah better have my bunny ears, and they better be in good condition or I'll be pissed!

/versus/images/icons/smile.gif