1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

low P(MC) throw

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Jan 12, 2000.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I've been trying to get the low P(MC)+throw and the low K(MC)+throw to work for some time now against my friend, and when I try it, I always seem to eat PPP before I can throw him. Does it actually work on the Dreamcast version???

2. Guest

Guest Guest

MC low kick throw are much harder to get in TB (arcade and dreamcast), and that's a good thing :) There is a faq here about MC low kick throw. I think you can find it in the section called WAR (symbolized by a skull). Bye

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Oups. The section called war is symbolized by the hammer. Sorry about this...

4. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

I practiced this on DC too. In trainning mode while I set the computer to do high punch, attack frequency set to "severe", there seemed to be a makable window (definitely more than one frame) to pull out low K, MC, throw. However then I let my friend smashing the punch button at 2P, I found it is almost impossible to make this Low-K MC Throw. Of course Jeffery still has it. As the result, I concluded that one can assume Low K MC throw does not exist except for Jeffery (is there another character still having it?). I don't see it necessary to pursue this "legendary one frame" while you would be hit badly.

Agree that in VF3, low-kick MC throw reduced the fun of the game. It is good that TB took it out, and mean while still keep one throw-oriented character to have it.

5. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

The only time that Jeff has the guarantee is with a d+K+G. His d+K is just the same as everyone elses as far as getting throw priority from MCs. Wolf's d+K+G is supposed to be like that also, as well as Jacky's P,P,d+K, but I haven't tested em all out.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

wolf's d+k+G don't isn't throw bufferable, it gave you 2fr of adv when counter hit. almost everyone whose counter low kick that gives less than 2fr of adv, can do buffer throw if you have a calm and machine like hand. Read the article on the site first, i think that will tell you a lot. And don't think it is rare that people go for this due to the difficulty, for some characters it is very doable and worth the effort.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Wolf's d+K give 1-frame advantage when MC. Try doing:

d+K (MC) - f+E - P+G

as fast as you can when you detect the low-kick MC. After a few tries, you'd notice that it's easier than you initially had thought. Doing HCF&HCB instead of PG(or d/f+PG) requires some command practice.

low-P(MC) throw is easy too. Shun's lowP(MC) does not guarantee the throw though. Aoi & Taka are more difficult as their lowPs are mediocre, short and slow, respectively. Lion's lowP works too, only that lowP has to be done from the standing position.

Of course for those above, attack has to interrupt the standing-move.

8. nxw0016

1. Are we talking about VF3, or VF3TB?
    2. Are we talking about low-k MC throw garrenteed condition or just adventage?

Having adventage in frames does not mean you can throw. In some condition your opponent is frozen/staggering but can't be thrown either. (in standing condition of course) Told this by an expert player.

Jeffery's is 2K+G counter throw, not 2K.

Of course after low K counter, throwing is one good option. But the question here is whether your opponent can have something to do other than escaping the throw even if he knows you are going to throw him.

Why don't we have a gathering to verify this?

9. nxw0016

in response to:

:::wolf's d+k+G don't isn't throw bufferable, it gave you 2fr of adv when counter hit. almost everyone whose counter low kick that gives less than 2fr
    of adv, can do buffer throw if you have a calm and machine like hand. Read the article on the site first, i think that will tell you a lot. And don't think
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

it is rare that people go for this due to the difficulty, for some characters it is very doable and worth the effort.:::

I don't understand this quite well. To me if you can do a buffer throw, that should be much easier than a non-bufferable throw which needs more precise timing to input the command. If it is bufferable, all we need to do is 2KP+G (or 2K(+G) commandP+G), which does not seem to work on TB.

There are two articles in this site one says you have to pre-input the throw command, the other one says there is only one-frame window after MC happened to input the throw. I don't think the former one is true though..unless I misunderstood it.... The later one, I heard it's the same as some magazine said.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

What i meant by buffer throw is "dash buffer" throw, sorry for the confusion.
    and yes having adv fr doesn't give you a free throw, you need to waste fr till 50/50 so you can just buffer throw command in. Anyway please go read the articles concerning mc throw on the site, I personally have talked like 5 times about it alrdy and i bet other people have similar situation.

oh btw we don't need a gathering to verify this cuz all the people i've met seem to understand this alrdy from articles that is posted a while ago.

11. nxw0016

After all these confusion, now we are talking about 50/50?
    I hope we are not talking about throwing AI.