1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

"M O V E M E N T" VF3tb Compilation by Jed-VF3tb

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Chanchai, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Jed-VF3tb (owner/moderator of The Virtua Fighters Discord server) made an awesome compilation video highlighting the awesome movement in VF3tb!

All kinds of great stuff in this video including:
    * Maximum Battle (when Korea's Akira Kid & Ike Lau took the VF world by storm with Korean Step)
    * Uramawari from matches and maybe even some of Godeater's old Ura Tapes video
    * Skeleton's super machi Kage from Beat Tribe Cup 2
    * And much much more!

A couple more important points:

VF3tb (DC) Online Play with Rollback Netcode
    VF3tb (Dreamcast) is currently playable with Rollback Netcode thanks to the FlyCast Emulation project/team and it has been integrated into FightCade! I am not the person to talk to about this (at least not yet), so I hope someone will post details in a reply here and elsewhere on VFDC to help people play VF3tb Dreamcast online with rollback!

Credit to the JED-VF3tb
    Jed is a force for organizing VF3tb play and so I recommend the community have more conversations on VF3tb both here on VFDC and on Jed's Discord Server: https://discord.gg/JMECKkN

ENJOY!

2. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

This is something I really liked about VF3 when I first saw it being demonstrated on a UK games show back in the 90s. I was really disappointed when they took the dodge button out for VF4. While VF4 also had a really amazing fast movement system it was to me much harder to get the basics down without the dodge button.
    There was another video I came across explaining VF3 movement

VF5FS/US movement is so bad in comparison to VF3 and 4. It's like they went out of their way to destroy advanced creative movement. It's the thing I dislike the most about the latest VF.

3. JED-VF3

JED-VF3 Active Member

PSN:
    Shun-Di-VF3TB
    Thank you very much for this post Chanchai (y)

The online player-base for VF3 has grown a lot over the last year, and i am very happy to see the explosion of new players trying out the game now that it has rollback and is active on fightcade.

We have ran a few tournaments with parsec in the past, but this Saturday we are doing our first FightCade tournament, this tournament will be for beginners and new players, so if anyone is interested please consider joining; the tournament is not region locked due to the extremely positive results that Flycast's rollback netcode has shown us. Here is a link: https://discord.gg/GqZ3c4wF?event=899784210171191326

VF3tb is a beautiful game and I feel the potential for the community hasn't even been realized yet. I hope people will continue to give it the chance it deserves =)

As always, if anyone has any questions about VF3, whether that be about the game itself or getting the game working online, don't be a stranger; my DM's are always open on Discord which is where our community is active.

Thank you again for the post!

Chanchai likes this.