1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

MA

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Jerky, Sep 19, 2000.

1. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Is anyone here around Boston? yeah i know it's a desert for VF but i'm a player with rust in my friggin ears. What's that u say??? Anyway I know nobody knows me, well except for Rich who knew me as I was a newbie at VF2 but i was just wondering if anyone wanted to play. I'm from Boston originally and got into VF when 1 came out. although i didn't start playing seriously until 2 i always had the passion for it. The way i met rich was pretty funny. he met me(although he may not recall) when he was TFTing me all around the place with his kage. I sucked ass then because i mainly learned from getting my ass kicked. It was really funny i would see something i like and be like "wow that was cool " but then continue to learn on my own (gettig my ass kicked left and right) but then after a half a month i was the one kicking some ass. My streaks grew in numbers and i was developing techniques that i would later see what people classified them as-which is to say that i still had a long way to go. when i met rich the first words he said to me was "do you know that you could do senbon punches with Jacky?".....i was like WTF? but i answered him...."huh?"...........alas the poor boy hadn't had the slightest clue of any technical terms in VF.....sob.
    Well time passed and i grew stronger in my game, rich seemed to be a regular at the time in the downtown arcade so i saw him frequently. he helped me a bit telling me new things i didnt know so i wouldnt be boring and repetitive. when VF 3 came out i was all over it. and i remember a mini gathering rich told me about when i was just hanging out. I didnt want to miss it. it sounded weird at first to hear people getting together from across to play, but it seemed fun and i definitely got excited that day to see different players. I don't remember any of the players names..Rich? but i enjoyed all the different styles of play and i had a blast playing this hardcore sarah player. That was ages ago. And i still play.....only i just don't travel. (Money$$) :( Judging from my posts (sometimes i look at them myself and am like "what the hell was i thinking posting that crap") it may seem that i'm just some bloke but i am am a yomi type player with rusty character control (i just started playing again in august but only against the CPU....sob!!) and i'm mainly a Jcky player but i've left him alone for a good while as i'm learning more respectable characters. i'm working right now with Akira, Lion, and Jeff.
    Well, that's me if anyone's around.....wanna play?

/images/icons/mad.gifAndrew

2. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

OHH OOHH OHH!! I am just about a hour north of boston, and would DEFINATLY would make the trip down for some VF3 rumbling. Give me a e-mail and I'll get back atcha and we can make a time to meet.
    -Josh

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes! There are VF fans in MA! Of course, this one hasn't actually _played_ here...

I've only heard of the machine at UMass...I'm down in Waltham...any idea if there's a machine anywhere around here? Although I guess it's not overly difficult to get to the U. You can mail me at ketroser@brandeis.edu. There is also another person in MA who suggested I mail him (being lazy, of course, I have not yet done so): opus@world.std.com...I'm sure he wouldn't mind hearing from you.

Bryan K

4. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Uh oh... Don't worry, it's not your ICQ saying that.../images/icons/tongue.gif