1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Madcatz TE - Easy to install Seimitsu LS-32?

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by KIYOSHO, Jun 17, 2012.

1. KIYOSHO

KIYOSHO Member

Hi all. After doing some research for recommended joysticks to use with VF, I found that the Seimitsu LS-32 seems to be a popular choice because of its shorter travel, making it easier to double taps. I know many would say to stick with the Sanwa JLF but I just feel that there is too much travel. Akira is currently my main character and I like to use the true dragon lance in my juggles but the last inputs (back, forward, forward + PK) make it tricky sometimes to get it. I constantly have to tell myself to really flick the joystick back and double forward tap the stick with some ferocity to get it to register. The issue is not that my joystick has gone bad because I can use it fine with other games without being aggressive at all, like SFIV.

So this is has inspired me to just get a Seimitsu LS-32 joystick and put it in instead of the Sanwa JLF. With shorter travel, my inputs will register sooner so I won't have to be as aggressive with my inputs. So my question is, is it a straight swap to install the Seimitsu LS-32? Basically, just take out the Sanwa, screw in the Seimitsu and plug in the plug of the Seimitsu into the slot of the joystick on the Madcatz PCB? (Or in my case, the TE Kitty). Thanks.

2. Kikimaru

Kikimaru Well-Known Member

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    It's a straight swap, but you need to buy Seimitsu LS-32-01 model or else it'll have the wrong connectors & plate.

Also, the connector might have to in upside-down; just test it before closing the top.

3. mfwebdude

mfwebdude Well-Known Member

PSN:
    x_Reikan_x
    hey KIYOSHO, did you switch to the seimitsu? if so, is it an improvement? i'm also an akira player facing the same problems. even double or tripple tapping after an evade for elbows is a bitch for me. i keep asking myself how the hell people can play on the sanwa, it travels too far. think i will try the seimitsu before i throw this damn stick out the window and go back to dpad.

4. smb

smb Well-Known Member

You might try this instead of a pad

no idea how good it is, but it certainly looks interesting. I love my stick and wouldn't want to change to anything else. But i'd still love to play around with this and try it out. It would definitely make that back-forward-forward easy as hell to input.

5. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

Another option is to replace the JLF's actuator (the black, plastic "hat" that holds in the spring) with one specifically designed to shorten engage (distance required to activate micro-switches) and throw (distance the stick travels in a given direction). If interested, contact Kowal on the SRK Tech Talk forums ($6 each plus shipping.) Also, Paradise Arcade Shop will soon have custom actuators in 4 different sizes to complement their custom JLF springs.

6. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I second the Box style input method. If you're good with your fingers with both hands I highly recommend it. Puts a lot less strain on your wrists, but it does put more stress on your fingers. If you already have well developed finger muscles go for it.

7. mfwebdude

mfwebdude Well-Known Member

PSN:
    x_Reikan_x
    thanks for the suggestions everyone. i ordered a seimitsu to see how it works out.

@drift i didnt know about the different size actuators for the jlf. i'll try that if the seimitsu doesnt work out

@smb & tricky i've been eyeing the hitbox since i first heard about it. interesting device. saw cobratron demonstrating some insane stepping techs with that thing in the hitbox thread. if i cant get along with the joystick, i think this is the direction i'll be heading. hell, i might do it anyway just out of curiosity.

8. capt_catalina

capt_catalina Well-Known Member

PSN:
    capt_catalina
  9. Player_1

Player_1 Well-Known Member

Well, I'm in the Japan at the moment (and that sure doesn't happen a whole lot).
    Are there any arcade sticks packed with an LS-32 joystick already?
    Thx

10. Junsuina Chikara

Junsuina Chikara Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jun_Chikara
    XBL:
    LeprekaunTM
    Look for Hori VX SE range. Those arcade sticks come installed with Seimitsu buttons and LS-32 joysticks.