1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

March Madness 2K2 Tournament in Philadelphia Pa.

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Eric, Feb 22, 2002.

1. Eric

Eric Member

Yo players there will be a big Tournament held here at University Pinball in Philadelphia Pa. on the dates of March 8th, 9th, and 10th there will be over 25 tournament going on that weekend and VF4 is included entry fee will be $10.00 per game pay per play for more info or to sign up just e-mail me at Arcade4006@aol.com and you can also go to shoryuken.com and Tekken Zaibatsu those sites have all the info you will need and a list of the games and start time so i hope everyone can make it this will be a huge tournament so try to make it.

2. Eric

Eric Member

Yo players whats up.

3. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

i am thinking about going. as i live in fl, it will take some thinking about and planning.........we'll see.

4. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    if everything goes according to plan, you can count me in!

5. Eric

Eric Member

Cool i hope you guys can make it the whole weekend will be off the hook with CVS2 and MVC2 having over 100 players coming.

6. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

Re: March Madness 2K2 Tournament in Philadelphia P

Is that University Pinball an arcade place? Where is it then?

7. Eric

Eric Member

Philadelphia Pa. 40th and spruce st.

8. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent

It's great Eric that you found this place. I posted about this tourney on another thread like two days ago.

I'm sure I'm coming this time. For VF and ST.

Next weekend is going to be off the hook.

9. gaishou

shameless self plugs....j/k, how would anyone know if you didnt plug your own event......./versus/images/icons/smile.gif

10. Eric

Eric Member

Yo players this tournament will be off the hook i hope all you new players can make it this is a GREAT place and all the comp will be here all weekend.

11. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

hi,
    A few guys from massachusetts might attend. We are wondering who's going to be there? When does the VF tourney begin? Is it held on the arcade or ps2? Surely it will be a ton of fun. Hope to see you there.

thanks

12. T^5

T^5 Active Member

sorry too lazy to go to TZ or srk, but the tourney going to be on the arcade ?

13. Eric

Eric Member

Thanks i hope you all can make it and more here is a list of the games and days and times.

Friday: 3/08/02 at 6pm
    SS2
    SS4
    MK3
    MK2
    DARKSTALKERS1
    X-MEN
    MARVEL vs. STREET FIGTHER

SAT. 3/09/02 AT 12PM
    MVC2
    CVS2
    TK4
    VF4
    STSF
    MVC1
    KOF2000

SUNDAY 3/10/02 11am
    MVC2 (cont)
    CVS2 (cont)
    TTT
    SC
    A3
    A2
    3S
    MOTW

And there will also be console games going on to on sunday GGX, SSBM, James Bond, and No Mercy for more info or to sign up just hit me up at Arcade4006@aol.com

14. gaishou

whoa sheit, MK2??????? may need to come afterall, but vf4 tourn might be out of question........boohoo.

15. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

It sounds very exciting and I am thinking about the possibility of going there. I still have some questions:

1. Is VF4 touney going to be on arcade machine?
    2. If so, can non-contestants still get a chance to play VF4 on Saturday when the VF4 competition is on? (for example if there is more than one VF4 machine?)
    3. Can someone just stop by and watch the games?

16. Namflow

Namflow Well-Known Member

How are you going to fit so many people in there? Over winter break I stopped by on a normal friday night and it was packed, I could only imagine how many people they'll be for such a large tournament.

17. Eric

Eric Member

We have had tournament like this B4 in the past it will be great don't worry about the crowd just come and have fun this is a great place to be at on the weekends all fun all the time.

Yes the game will be on the arcade machine and we only have one machine and youn can come watch all weekend if you want.
    To all players that plan on coming you need to hit me up and let me know thanks.