1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Martial Art Styles In Future Virtua Fighters...

Discussion in 'General' started by LucidNightmare, Jul 1, 2008.

1. LucidNightmare

LucidNightmare Well-Known Member

Here, we can discuss any fighting style that you'd like to see represented in a future Virtua Fighter, besides boxing that is...Save that for the "other" thread...J/K.

Anyways, to start things off, this is one fighting style I suggested for Tekken way back...but Tekken's emphasis on "air fighting"(lol) wouldn't allow this really...

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, here you can find out what it is if you're unfamiliar with it...

I'd actually like to see a Brazilian female in about her mid-20's or so doing the art...

I think that this would be a really fun style to include in the game, which would open up an entire new dimension of fighting-ground fighting!(Well, we actually have a little bit with the ground throws and Vanessa's take-down, but...)

2. PompousKristina

PompousKristina Well-Known Member

Baguazhang would be a good choice for a Virtua Fighter character. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

3. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I am a strong proponent of Yakiniku-kamikaze-do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Warning, Spoiler: <input type="button" class="form-button" value="Show" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = '';this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show'; }" /></div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div style="display: none;"><span style='font-size: 8pt'>The art of hurling barbecues at aircraft carriers. Lit barbecues are +21 on block - good for a free SPoD[/size]</span></div></div></div>

4. Auvii

Auvii Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Auvii
    BJJ would be nice. However its unlikely to present itself. Goh, Aoi, and Akira all have styles far too similar to that and Judo. Most importantly its a 90% ground fighting with 10% stand up. Many throws and take downs are not even BJJ but Judo oriented.

5. LucidNightmare

That is true, I guess there really isn't that much room for it...It would've been interesting to see how AM2 would change the ground-game to accommodate this though..

@KristinaNardone-Bagua is cool, but I think VF is a little too "Kung Fu-centric" right now...

@Plague-Interesting art, I'll have to find out more about it. lol

6. Auvii

Auvii Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Auvii
    I would take BJJ over nacho lirba westling and EHonda sumo wrestling any day.

7. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

capoeira

8. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

goh is more of a judo character than aoi and akira.

9. PompousKristina

OK, then how about Krav Maga? That's an Hebrew martial art. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbs_up.gif

By the way, Baguazhang would work on Pai, but that'll turn the gameplay into Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance and up style gameplay(switching between martial art styles/weapons during matches). /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

10. Dive2Blue

Dive2Blue Well-Known Member

You do not want to know my list since I study a lot of martial art styles, but here goes the list. Pi gua quan, shuai chiao, tae kwon do, hap ki do, Tang soo do, taek kyon, boke (Mongol wrestling), pencak silat, boxing, shootfighting, savate, capoeira, pradel sarey, bokator, kenpo, and sambo. [/size]

11. BLACKLAC

BLACKLAC Well-Known Member

qft ....make it happen am2

12. AJ24

AJ24 Member

As beautiful a style it is, Capoeira just wouldn't seem a proper in VF, but this is just my opinion.

I too would like to see Krav Maga implemented not just because it is an Israeli art, but the fact that middle eastern styles are not used for what ever reason. Would be nice to bring back Siba doing this style.

I would also like to see Savate. I just want them to do something that hasn't been done and keep the playable characters under 24. More than that is excess.

A?!

13. LucidNightmare

@Auvii-Really? I actually think El Blaze and Taka are cool additions to the series.

@L_A_Akira-Capoeira would actually be pretty cool in VF, but I don't know if the system would be flexible enough to handle it without it being broken/overpowered...i.e. Lei Fei's Shaolin Kung Fu. lol

@KristinaNardone-Krav Maga sounds good, but I feel that this should have been Vanessa's fighting style...Oh well.

@Dive2Blue-On your list, I'd pick Pencak Silat, Boxing, and Sambo(Even though Tekken has done this one with Dragunov, I'd like to see how AM2 would interpret the art)

@AJ24-Siba back, with Krav Maga? Genius idea my friend! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
    As far as Savate goes, Sarah seems to integate alot of Savate and TKD into her art...So I don't know about that one...

14. PompousKristina

Bayman and Leon from Dead or Alive also use Commando Sambo as well. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

15. LucidNightmare

^Ah yes, that is true, I haven't played DOA in a while...Well, maybe scratch Sambo...No, that didn't stop AM2 from adding Karate, when Tekken and DOA already had it...and AM2 surpassed both of the other's interpretations of the art! lol

Go for it AM2! ^_^

16. Adamay

Adamay Well-Known Member

I'm really happy that Karate was finally introduced since im a karateka /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

These are the styles i would love to see: Capoeira, Sambo, Krav Maga, Boxing and Taekkyon

17. LucidNightmare

^Even though I'm a Taekwondoka, I find Jean's fighting style the most similar to my own, besides Sarah that is...

Taek Kyon could be interesting as well, since we won't get TKD, we could get the other art that was combined together with Karate to form TKD.

18. Dive2Blue

Dive2Blue Well-Known Member

Well, Itagaki may be an ass, but I have to give credit to him since his game was the first to add sambo to the 3D fighting genre.[/size]
    In order of time on which fighter started to portray real karate, Dead or Alive 2 was the first to actually use one with Ein, and Tekken 4 made the transition of Jin from Mishima ryu karate to traditional karate. Sega will probably be the third to add sambo to the VF series.[/size]

19. Mecha_G

Mecha_G Well-Known Member

I think Vanessa's got Sambo covered (somewhat).

Me, personally, I'd like to see Piqua-quan. Don't know if I spelled that right. That'll be the Ken to Akira's Ryu. Or as it is, the Ryu to Akira's Ken.

20. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Kyokushin-Pikachu-Kun-Do

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Warning, Spoiler: <input type="button" class="form-button" value="Show" onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = '';this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'Show'; }" /></div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div style="display: none;"><span style='font-size: 8pt'>Jacky got lightning kick!

New challenger, got, well, lightning![/size]</span></div></div></div>