1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Mastering Akira?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Binauralman, Mar 25, 2002.

1. Binauralman

Binauralman Member

Dude if anyone masters Akira would he just be unstoppable?? I would really like too and him basically counterattcking everything you do he seems to be unstoappble??? I just done know???

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Answer to the first question : NO

Answer to the 2nd question : NO

Answer to the 3rd question : WELL NOW U KNOW.

3. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

well, if u see him as unstoppable when mastered. The game would have died long ago or .... there will be 1000000000000000 vf.net players in japan with 100% wins / 0 lose ratio rite?

And secondly, it's impossible to conterattack EVERYTHING becos alot of things are uncounterable.

4. Binauralman

Binauralman Member

Alright well...I know this is a hard question to answer but ...who is really the best player to use.. I'd like to work on one player and just totally kick my friends butt! I'm pretty good with Lion and really hard to beat but his moves ar sorta on the short side for me!

5. Binauralman

Binauralman Member

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT!!!! Sorry to build the hate in the room ...i'm obviuously no expert on the game !!!!! Just trying to grow on my skills and asking you guys for help.. is that the wrong thing to do? It just seem to me that Akira was a really awsome charecter and very hard to beat..beings he's hard to use too. All I want is a little advice!

6. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

IMO, Akira is definately the man to play. Sure his moves are a little more difficult to pull off (knee, DLC, SPoD), but once you get the hang of it your kicking tail and doing major damage. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

I will always play Akira as my main character, but I try to learn others in the meantime.
    You should try to go the the TBZone.com and find the Korea section and download some vids with ShinZ v. Moonsuk (akira v. akira). They are pretty cool and give a good idea of how effective Akira is. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    If not, go to Daioh.com and check out some of theirs.

7. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

akira's not even as hard as many would believe, it's all about your priorities.

DLCing and SPoDing is only a fraction of damage akira can actually do... IMO those moves are barely even relevant compared to modified shlrms or dbplming combos witch drain the foe's energy like there's no other! that's when akira actually becomes tricky to use if you ask me..

if you concerntrait the match on pulling off set combos or fiddly motions, you'll get creamed by move priority, not to mention DLC and SPoD are more easily countered than they are helpful. still good to do when you have the perfect chances, or combo opportunities... but still way over-rated and may confuse some of akira's true priorities.

and no, he's not unstoppable, there are many other characters people fear more.... *spits at jacky*

8. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

DLCing and SPoDing is only a fraction of damage akira can actually do

Well...not really. There are better float options in terms of damage than DLC, but the shrm->DLC isn't bad damage at about 60~65 pts of damage. And the SPoD is still Akira's most damaging throw, or hit-throw.

9. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

All the akiras at Daioh never do DLC after a float. Even DJK do more damage on heavies after a Mc float(shram).

10. Kyo

Kyo Member

"DLCing and SPoDing is only a fraction of damage akira can actually do"

true...there are more damaging combos to do after a shrm...but, only the DLC is guranteed on normal hit against any weight characters.....plus...it's much COOLER doing DLC then doing the "not so exciting" DJK even it if does better damage...^^

and as far as the skill needed to play Akira...I, personally, don't think his play style is hard...it's just the execution on his moves that are difficult...if you can get by those...his approach as a character is quite straight forward...

11. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

true...there are more damaging combos to do after a shrm...but, only the DLC is guranteed on normal hit against any weight characters

This is completely incorrect. ShRm ~ P ~ ShRm ~ d+K is guaranteed against all midweights on normal hit (except when hitting a crouching opponent). ShRm ~ P ~ ShRm ~ DbPm is guaranteed against all lights, and mids on counter hit.

12. Kyo

Kyo Member

"This is completely incorrect. ShRm ~ P ~ ShRm ~ d+K is guaranteed against all midweights on normal hit (except when hitting a crouching opponent). ShRm ~ P ~ ShRm ~ DbPm is guaranteed against all lights, and mids on counter hit."

I understand that "ShRm ~ P ~ ShRm" works on light to mid weight opponents...but does it work against heavy weights with normal hit...

13. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

ShRM >p>shrM>Palm works only up to Kage, but it will not connect on any Mid weights if you are in /\ stance.
    Shrm>p>ShRM>d+k doesn't work on heavy weightes and some mid weights if he tr. The P is also stance dependent vs heavies.
    DLC works against EVERYONE, everytime given the shrm isn't normal crouch hit. But pratically you could almost always get away with more than a DLC after SRM.

14. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

true...there are more damaging combos to do after a shrm...but, only the DLC is guranteed on normal hit against any weight characters.....plus...it's much COOLER doing DLC then doing the "not so exciting" DJK even it if does better damage...^^

dude, you call that Akira skill? when DLCing is used like that you put people to sleep rather than get them amazed. it's not as if it's anything new and definatley beginner akira player's hype and use like there's no tomorrow...

in-effective DLCing will cause you to mistake and deal a fraction of damage in which the DJK in those situations won't.. i like using this combo for damage.

guard break ~ SLPM ~ P ~ DJK/DLPM (the jap favorite)

DJK seems to be more effective i find though..

15. mushen

mushen Well-Known Member

SLPM = Single Palm? (SgPm, SgPlm)
    DLPM = Double Palm? (DbPm, DbPlm)

16. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

dlc is much easier in 4, I can teach my gf to do it in 10 mins.. wait.. maybe not..=) but it's nothing impressive at all.
    b,f+p > p > ff+kk only works in /\ stance, therefore it's inconsistent.

17. Kyo

Kyo Member

"in-effective DLCing will cause you to mistake and deal a fraction of damage in which the DJK in those situations won't.. i like using this combo for damage.

guard break ~ SLPM ~ P ~ DJK/DLPM (the jap favorite)"

....I know that combo deals out more damage and is much easier to perform....but it's not a consisitent combo that works in every situaton....that was my point about DLC...yeah...being able to DLC is nothing special...but it's a traditional combos that is consistent when dealing out damage....