1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Max 64 P+G on Jacky

Discussion in 'Akira' started by BlackGeneral, May 21, 2013.

1. BlackGeneral

BlackGeneral The Emperor of Elbows Bronze Supporter Content Manager Akira

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC

Evade toward screen for 1P side, away from screen on 2P side.

KrsJin, Feck and MakiLeSushi like this.
  2. BlackGeneral

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    I really don't like the way my voice sounds on camera. Oh well, I did this for da communety, so if you hate this, you're only hating on your damn selfs.

MakiLeSushi likes this.
  3. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

As discussed on Shoutbox, it's not about just going toward screen or away from screen. You have to go towards Akira's back. The direction of that can change depending on which way the opponent was standing when you initiated the throw.
    So evade towards Akiras back.

4. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Towards to Jacky's back (opponent's back).

5. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Well, towards there too, same direction really. I just find it easier to look at Akira back. Or look at which side of his body he drags the opponent from since it that direction.
    EDIT: bottom line is however you want to look at the direction don't just go toward the screen or away from the screen since that is a factor that changes depending on opponents footing.

6. BlackGeneral

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    Really? Never knew that stance had something to do with this back throw. Needs further testing. Oh well. This vid then just works as a visual aid.
    Forgive my ignorance :(

7. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

As far as I know the throw always animates the same regardless of stance, so this...

is probably correct.

Same goes for MC [3][P][+][K] combo's that require you to evade to a specific side of your opponent. The flop is always the same regardless of stance so as long as you're able to tell which side of the screen you're on then there's no need for stance checking.

8. BlackGeneral

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    Just was told that throws reset stance. If it's true, shouldn't really matter what stance they were in. Gonna test it either way.

One more thing. Homestay Akira gets the same damage, using the same moves, yet does K-G cancel to waste frames. Gonna work on that, and upload it.

9. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Just tested. Akiras back is always to the same direction in relation to the screen after the throw, regardless whether he started with left or right foot forward, and regardless of stance.

The throw resets the stance in relation to the screen, not just the opponent. I had to check this after discussion on shoutbox cause this is the first time I have come across this kind of thing.

edit: but apparently the stance still has an effect on which direction the opponent can fall..

10. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    All throws reset foot position.

11. BlackGeneral

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    We came to that conclusion, however, when the opponent breaks stance (the direction their back faces toward changes), they fall in the opposite direction, making my explanation flawed.

12. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Jesus guys, how many times do I have to explain this? Throws do reset foot position and yes, they do always end up in the same stance. But your footing is dependant on which way your opponents footing was when initiating a throw.
    You can't do this stuff in dojo with out recording the dummy to actually switch THEIR footposition, your own foot position doesn't matter.
    Record Jacky doing 4K+G to switch his foot position and see how you have to do this stuff the other way. It has nothing to do with being on 1P side or 2P side.

13. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Cozby: Statement "It resets stance" does not contain enough information. The end result (and which way opponents back is, and where he falls) depends on which foot the opponent had forward when Akira initiated the throw. Akiras foot position indeed does not matter.

Ill try to type the possibilities here so hopefully you can see. Slants imply the foot position viewed from above kinda. A is Akira, B is opponent:

Start -> end

\A\ /B/ -> /B/ /A/
    /A/ /B/ -> /B/ /A/
    \A\ \B\ -> \B\ \A\
    /A/ \B\ -> \B\ \A\

I hope you see what we mean.

ps. Jacky can switch foot position with P+K+G

14. BlackGeneral

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    No need to get touchy guy, It's just that the people who were discussing this yesterday (Manji, Feck and myself) had no idea this happens, so we just needed to check it, that's all.
    Hopefully sometime in the future, I can correct and update this thread with another video.

15. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I'm not really at all touchy, I actually though of changing that message up a bit since I thought I'm sounding like an ass but I just left it.
    I'm just trying to help here by clearing up the misinformation and then keep getting told that I'm wrong when I'm not. I hope it's all cleared up now.

Feck likes this.
  16. Dennis0201

Interesting! Basically AK has the same back side as opponent after 64P+G~
    It's much easier to check AK's stance rather than opponent's especially when camera angle changes:)

17. BlackGeneral

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC

An update just for reference, for correcting myself, and for making this combo easier for everyone.

One more thing, when I said I press "K+G" while Jacky is falling from Akira's 64 P+G, I meant K~G cancel. I'm retarded, so have patience with me :(

18. Dennis0201

Thanks for bring up this KG cancel here! It does help me to do the maximum combos against mid weight character constantly! The annoying part to of 64P+G is the followup is quite different for each character, even though they belong to same weight. The reason to require those frame kill skills is to make sure AK can float the opponents at precise moment and distance in order to make maximum damage.

First of all, against mid character, you can find alternative ways to apply this combo. For me, I found out the following step is universal so I don't have to memorize too many setups. 64P+G > KG cancel > use 866(or 244) to evade toward to AK's back > 2K+G P > 1FK 2P >1FK K+G P for 72 dmg.

The trick part is usually we use evade crouching cancel toward to AK's back, but inputs are kind of messy because 33(or 11) cancel could cause conflict between 3K+G and 2K+G. If you want to use 866(244) cancel instead, for specific mid characters, you need somehow to do 2K+G delay P in order to float opponent higher. The timing is very restrict but I believe players can do it offline no problem, however, online is another story.

Yes, basically now I can at least apply this combo online with clear inputs. The result is better than I expect tbh. Time for more AK now!!:)

PS: The entire inputs I use is
    64P+G > KG cancel > 866(or 244) 2K+G P > 11P+K+G > 66K+G P

19. Junsuina Chikara

Junsuina Chikara Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jun_Chikara
    XBL:
    LeprekaunTM
    what about just dashing forward (66), 2K+G,P, 11P+K+G, K+G, P? It works fine against Jean but thought since Jacky is tall, it could work with him too? I'll test it myself. I just hate EDCs on 2P side :(, can't do them consistently :(

20. Dennis0201

Sorry my bad, I mean against Lau/Goh/Brad/Lei/Kage. I'm trying to figure out the way to do maximum dmg against wolf and Jeffry but not that easy :(