1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Maximizing free training mode

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by avok23, May 18, 2012.

1. avok23

avok23 Active Member

Practicing just combos gets boring. Are there any specific scenarios I can create to up my Jacky in training mode?
    If you can afford to be descriptive please be.

2. BlackGeneral

BlackGeneral The Emperor of Elbows Bronze Supporter Content Manager Akira

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    Go to the section that controls your dummy(not at my ps3 atm) and change the option where it says "normal hit" to counterattack 5. That option randomly has the dummy use a mid or throw after it blocks your attack. This helps with ETE and ETEG. Remember, FS only allows 3 directions for throw tech so it's pointless to do MTE's. Hope that helps.

3. avok23

avok23 Active Member

Thanks. I just felt we needed a section like this so us noobs can practice and improve specific aspects of the game.

Also found this Video

4. BlackGeneral

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    Lol I feel you 110%. But you can set throw directions in vanilla version C? Fucking jealous. Shouts to Chief Flash for making that tutorial.

5. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

You can't set the directions in VF5 ver. B? That sounds really unuseful.

6. BlackGeneral

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    Unfortunately not. Seems like they had that idea after it released, just like Online lobbies [​IMG]

7. avok23

avok23 Active Member

Any other exercises or should i wait for FS since that has a more fleshed out training mode?

8. BlackGeneral

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    What I do is watch FS vids of my main. I see the moves most frequently used (and in vanilla) and practice them everyday. EX: akira's DLC and knee are used a lot, so I practice that extensively. Hope that helps.

9. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Some Jacky specific training:

Practice [6_]+[K][G](cancel)

If you can't do this move without thinking you need to practice it. It's critical for all max damage combos.

Practice [K][G](cancel) from shuffle step.

Not as vital as above, but if your opponent is caught off guard you can create mind games from the resulting stagger.

Good luck!

10. avok23

avok23 Active Member

I can do those just not in the middle of a juggle. In jacky's highest damaging high angle combo i think i do it too lat so the spin heel does not bounce then my flip misses.