1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Maximum Damage!!

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Feb 25, 2000.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for the help with the rolling neck throw guys. I've been using it on both the cpu and friends whenever I get the chance. I was wondering what the most damaging combo, or unavoidable series of moves that some of you were able to achieve on an opponent were. Using Wolf on the training mode, I selected Lau as my opponent; however, instead of having him on mannequin, I had him advancing towards me with high and middle attacks so that I could use a low kick Mc on him while he was standing. After a low kick Mc, I immediately went into the giant swing, then quickly ran towards Lau and connected with a high pounce (jumping elbow). The damage on the jumping elbow varied, but the low kick Mc-giant swing did a consistant 125% damage on it's own. The maximum amount I was able to get including the jumping elbow was 161%. These are not three separate move percentages that I totalled up on my own; they all register as one huge percentage when done with the proper timing. However, the cpu on hardest (the only level I play on) can usually escape the jumping elbow. The low kick Mc into giant swing, on the other hand, works to a point where it can almost be considered cheap! So, this brings up a question (that I'm sure someone can answer). How come the cpu can frequently escape from the high pounce, but it always registers as part of the damage percentage in the training mode; granted my timing is the same with the run towards and high pounce on both the cpu and training mode (which it is)? Is the cpu cheating, because I'm pretty sure I am always able to run up and high pounce a friend following a giant swing. Wolf's opponents lay on the ground for a very long time after this throw; possibly longer than any other throw or move in the game. Perhaps the cpu on training mode isn't progammed to roll up from the ground in the quickest way possible; however, sometimes the damage from the high pounce registers separately when I'm not fast enough. If anyone could confirm whether or not this set of moves is unavoidable (with the good timing) after the low kick Mc connects, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

1. Getting a d+K -> GS is much easier on CPU because it does not always struggle. If you can get the timing down consistenly on an opponent who does struggle, count yourself lucky because you have an extremely useful weapon.

2. You can always escape the stomp after GS if you struggle. Don't put too much stock on the percentages in the Training Mode...

<b>ice-9 | Sennin</b>

3. Guest

Guest Guest

uh oh. someone's never played ob.

or checked out the war section, for that matter. look for info on low kick-throw there (or astro, whichever. very intuitive naming, there. yessireebobindeedy!).

CPU is just being stupid. it's extremely difficult in tb to regularly nail low kick throw on opponents of any skill level. and anyone who isn't totally asleep (although there is the potential of that happening against certain wolves) can roll away from any pounce wolf chooses after the GS, easily.

as far as why all three moves are counted in the same series: that's just the way the engine works. pounce damage is based, among other things, on how soon it connects after the knockdown and/or float, as well as how much damage the previous knockdown/throw/float did. engine has to count it as part of a series, up until a point.

*sits back and winces, waiting for shota to barrage with corrections translated from the mook*

[it's as good a way as any to get it translated]

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Nah...I didn't find any relevant section in the book, nor do I feel like translating even if there were.

In addition to all the points Mr. Bungle brought up, pounce damage also varies depending on how the opponent gets up.

1) If the pounce hits off the bounce, the damage decreases.
    2) If the pounce hits the rolling opponent, the damage decreases.
    3) If the pounce interrupts voctim's rising kick, the damage increases.
    4) In some circumstances, head-spring (E,E,E...) reduces pounce damage.

Good example of 4) is after Jacky's elbow-spinkick. Small pounce is guaranteed no matter what you do. Head-spring (E,E,E...) in this situation reduces the damage of (guaranteed) small pounce to almost 1/2.

4) saved me matches in many occasions, especially in Jacky-Jacky match where every low-kick/elbow-spinkick counts.

sta783

5. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

yessireebobindeedy!

<hr></blockquote>

LOL

Rich, you made my Sunday! ;)

cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>