1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

MC SFIV sticks/pads preorder

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by PurpGuy, Nov 27, 2008.

1. MP

MP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MonkeypunchVF
    anyone else considering buying the pad? i like the new dpad/analog stick but I'm not too fussed with the normal 360 pad atm.

2. SilentNephilim

SilentNephilim Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SilentNephilim
    XBL:
    SilentNephilim
    I'm considering buying the pad. I just need to save up enough money for it XP

3. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    One thing I don't get is, why would they have the turbo button feature thing?

4. powerincarnate

powerincarnate Well-Known Member

A better question is, For people who already have the VSHG, what is the point to buying the Tournament Edition stick. I mean, all I can think of is a sticking cord, two extra buttons inline with the other 6 (which isn't always a good thing), start and select buttons out of the way, the ability for the stick to serve as an analog stick both right and left, and turbo. some majority of these features are completely useless in its primary intended use.

So, will someone answer that for me. Am I missing something??

5. LobeliaM72

LobeliaM72 Well-Known Member

I intend to buy the pad. I'm extremely excited for a pad that plays similarly to the one that was released in tandem with Street Fighter Anniversary Collection, but without the poor durability.

6. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Probably for a separate system?

I have a VSHG but it was never modified. I'm getting the TE stick for the 360.

7. Mista_tee

Mista_tee Well-Known Member

hey so I just pre-ordered mine from videogamecentral.com
    Did anyone else pre-order from this site? And if you have do you live in Canada? And lastly what shipping method did you use? I wanted to use UPS ground but it wouldn't let me. any other Canadians have that problem?

8. InstantOverhead

InstantOverhead Well-Known Member

I have the VF4 and both the Red and Blue VF4EVO sticks for the PS2. The Tekken 5 stick and another blank RAP2 for the PS2. I pre ordered two TE sticks and two regular FS, one stick type for each system, so four total. And I own two VSHG but they are the first wave models with button issues and I rarely use them.

The TE sticks are really the only sticks out of the box that are 100% solid so I can keep them around unmodified and never violate the warranty. Everything else I've modded or replaced parts galore.

I collect sticks. But I also use them. The TE sticks are like the ultimate collectible and usable stick.

9. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Same here. I have a custom stick from Arcade-in-a-box for X360 but its very large and its difficult to travel around with. With the TE stick I will have something that is similar in size to the VSHG. I also have a EX2 but I don't like using it at all.

10. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    You can't ship UPS ground into Canada due to duty purposes, even if you claim zero value.

11. focusflute

focusflute Well-Known Member

I have a VSHG and just sent it to 001 to be modded. In my older age I think that graphics on my sticks look a little imature. I used to think they were AMAZING though and I still see some that look really cool but the SF4 TE isn't really one of them. None of my ex g/f's ever agreed. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif That's prob one of many reasons y they're exes now tho hahahaha.

All and all...I might get one just for collector's sake.

12. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=CwfcVaOETfE&fmt=18
    Awesome stick!!! Intimate designs which make people comfortable to build his own stick~
    I thought VSHG was the best stick before but it seems turn out that SFIV stick is much cooler!!! However, the price isn't interesting I guess....

13. InstantOverhead

InstantOverhead Well-Known Member

14. DarkVincent

DarkVincent Well-Known Member

15. MarkMan

MarkMan Well-Known Member

Hope everyone that wants one is able to get one eventually /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

16. Kidvid711

Kidvid711 Well-Known Member

Looks like video game central still have some available. Hopefully everyone gets one :-D

http://videogamecentral.com

I am glad because I am not capable of modding and buying the tools to mod cost quite much.

17. DarkVincent

18. DarkVincent

19. Kidvid711

Kidvid711 Well-Known Member

20. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

"I think I'll give up on the sticks now"

look at the post above yours.. capcom usa has it..