1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

MC SFIV sticks/pads preorder

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by PurpGuy, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Kidvid711

Kidvid711 Well-Known Member

Server Error
    This is what Capcom USA says.
    Error:

We are currently unable to perform the selected action. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. We have been notified and are already working to correct this issue as quickly as possible. Please click your browser's back button and try this action at a later time, or take a different action.

Error Number: CAT_000015

2. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Those reviews of videogamecentral are pretty bad. I ordered 2 TE sticks from them (never ordered from them before) before this message was posted on their website:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Question asked by 'Gamer' on '01-20-2009'
    Q:
    Hello. is this stick still available because i have been going crazy looking for one and all the stores have stopped taking pre orders. Wondering if I order one will I be able to receive it close enough to the release date of the gamefight stick?
    A:
    Yes although this is sold out everywhere VGC is still accepting preorders at this time. The preorders that we are currently taking in are still within our confirmed allocation of Street Fighter TE Sticks for both 360 PS3. When you see Back Ordered on this item page it will mean that we have reached our maximum allocations. Hence now is the time to get your preorder in.</div></div>

Hopefully that means anyone that ordered their sticks before this message is guarantee to get them.

3. Kidvid711

Okay, I concluded my choice. I'm going to get the fightpads. I was originally good on a D-pad anyway. I might as well stay with it all the way.

4. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    For those still thinking about getting the TE stick, but worried they cannot get one, it appears a second shipment of sticks would be available in April. From videogamecentral.com:

"*Any order that is placed after '1/28/09 11:59pm EST' for this item will not ship out on the initial release date of 2/17/09. It will be part of the 2nd shipment which is currently scheduled for 4/7/09."

By then, there should be more feedback on the quality of the stick.

5. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, Akai. I'm sticking to my order with them and if I get duped, I will def chime about it here so yall can watch out for these guys. Man, I hope I don't get jipped...

6. DarkVincent

DarkVincent Well-Known Member

I hope you don't, either!

Btw, I checked my order at Barnes & Noble yesterday and it has been shipped, got the tracking and everything. Should get here by next week (their expected time for arrival is tuesday, but knowing the hurdles of Brazilian mail, it can be anytime between tuesday and April lol).

7. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Tony or anyone else that ordered the TE stick from videogamecentral.com:

I got an email saying that even though I pre-ordered before the 1/28 date (1/17)), Mad Catz was unable to fulfill their order. Thus, no stick for me at least until late March/April.

Just curious did you or anyone else order from them and is getting the stick? Someone posted today in "cheap ass gamer" website that they pre-ordered on 1/22 for the TE stick and was told by the store they would be receiving it.

Just want to know before I give them a call and cancel my order -_-;;.

8. tonyfamilia

I checked my emails including the junk section just to make sure that I didn't receive an email from them but I didn't receive a confirmation email on the purchase either prob bc I didn't sign up with them. I just ordered without making an account there... I'm pretty sure that's what happened but it was over a month ago too so I'm not 100% sure.

9. InstantOverhead

InstantOverhead Well-Known Member

I pre-ordered my TE sticks from Amazon the first day they were put on online....and just today they said I won't be getting my sticks until mid March. Meaning somehow I got shafted with the second batch of sticks. I ordered four of them.

If you want a TE stick and have one pre-ordered somewhere just be patient. MadCatz is a garbage company and the same ridiculous shenanigans that are occurring for the first batch of sticks is going to reoccur for the second batch regarding bogus allocations to stores by MadCatz.

If you want this stick, don't cancel your pre-order even if it is with VGC. The second batch of sticks is going to fulfill current back-ordered sticks and then whatever is left-over (probably almost none) will be put up for retail online. The odds of you canceling now and then trying to order later and getting a stick are slim to none.

I've ordered DC and PS2 games from VGC and nothing ever went wrong. This is all MadCatz.

And don't order a SE stick. They are produced worse than first generation 360s. Zero quality control. Let's hope the TE sticks last longer than a month.

10. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

How many are going on eBay?

11. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Yeah, I understand there is a shortage.

It's just frustrating that they wrote on their web page I am guaranteed to receive the sticks (even though other retailers are "sold out")...only to receive an email (on the day it should have shipped) that I won't get the stick on time due to Mad Catz's excuse of Chinese New Year slowing production (I guess the TE sticks are made from China).

Its especially frustrating, when they already charged your credit card for the full amount for a product that is delayed for at least an additional 1-2 months.

Either way, hope those who really wants it, is able to get it sooner or later.

Tony - Someone else that pre-ordered the stick on January 12th received the email of not getting the stick.

Also, if you plan on canceling your order, there might be a 5% fee to cancel your order. I did not knew of this fee until I finished talking to the person on the phone and received an email 15 minutes later stating a 5% cancel fee. The fee is not mentioned in the confirmation e-mail when you placed the order.

I will let you know if canceling a pre-order item that was "guaranteed" to be shipped but did not, actually result in a %5 fee.

InstantOverhead: Your opinion of the SE stick, does not make me feel too good about the quality of TE sticks that may be rushed too quickly too meet a March/April deadline -_-;;

12. InstantOverhead

InstantOverhead Well-Known Member

None. First off I would never pawn a stick on the fighting game community. But secondly, anyone who buys a TE stick for more than $250 is a moron. You can get a far superior stick from a place like Arcade in a Box for the same price as an eBay TE stick. Anyways TE sticks are way overpriced as it is. VSHG was $63 retail (of course importing was a pain with shipping) and it was full sanwa out of the box. The TE is $150...I know the SFIV license was expensive but that's a steep price compared to the VSHG.

I own a lot of sticks. I have all the VF4 and VF4EVO Hori sticks. Tons of RAP2 and RAP2SA sticks. Agetec sticks. Namco sticks. VSHG sticks. Arcade in a Box. Some random FS3/Soul Calibur and other crap model hori sticks for this generation. Hori Tekken 5 sticks (worst purchases ever). And of course SE and TE Madcatz sticks. I also have old SNES sticks and I wasted money on some X-Arcades which was another stupid massive mistake.
    The SE stick is getting railed over at SRK. People are reporting that there is a loose washer in the model that grinds and scrapes against the PCB. Members also reported that the gate sticks in different directions, meaning the switches register inputs even though the stick is in neutral. So you basically have to replace parts of the SE immediately when you get it if you wan't it to work properly.

I've seen TE sticks with tons of surface scratches on the artwork over at SRK and some sticks have shipped without the shaft cover meaning that the sticks aren't being finished at the factory properly. It also looks like MadCatz took the sticks that people tested out as various events like CES or SF Club and then repackaged them to sell...

Again the first VSHG shipped with a terrible PCB and they got it right for the next batch. Hopefully the TE stick is better than the hysteria that people are making of it right now. I will not be thrilled if the TE sticks start dying a month after I use them or worse if they are DOA.

13. tonyfamilia

Akai, got an email a couple of days from VGC saying the same thing that your email said /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

14. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Too bad /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif . FYI, if you do decide to cancel the order, they did not charged me the 5% fee listed on their website.

15. tonyfamilia

I'm just going to wait it out. It seems that this is my best bet right now if I want to get my hands on on those TE sticks without overpaying.

16. DarkVincent

DarkVincent Well-Known Member

17. Black_Ant

Black_Ant Well-Known Member

I preordered mine pretty early on from Gamestop. Some time around Jan 15th. When I went to pick it up at the store. They said it was the only one that they got. People were looking at me like they wanted to fight. Now I see them going for $400 on ebay...crazy. I just wanted something better than my crappy EX2. I love this stick by the way. I never had a decent stick and now I see what all the fuss is about.

18. Kidvid711

19. Kidvid711

Can anyone confirmed if the fight pads are really bad. I want to listen to the VF crew.

20. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    I'm not sure if people still looking to get the TE stick, but it seems that they are slowly making more.

I was lucky enough to purchase 2 sticks (PS3 and 360) from the gameshark online store right before they ran out. The catch is that it is $200 instead of $150 (If someone is looking to get one for PS3 for $150, their is one that is available on Amazon).

They give you a lot of extra stuff such as faceplate, console skinz stickers, wall scroll poster, and either an extension cord (360) or a console tray (PS3). Mostly worthless stuff - especially the faceplate for the 360. Once you put it on the machine, the disc tray eject button does not work -_-;;. The only thing that is not too bad, is the wall scroll. The sticks did come in good condition, boxes without a dent.

I have not tried the sticks on a fighting game yet, but compared to the VSHG, the buttons are not as sensitive. Or you can think of the VSHG buttons as being more loose. The TE buttons is not as stiff as Hori EX2 though. The TE joystick seems to be slightly tighter than the VSHG stick, but I have my VSHG stick for more than a year now, so that could be a reason. Overall feel of the PS3 and 360 TE stick and buttons seem to be of the same quality.