1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Meaties

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Mister, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

So for the SCE i was looking for a tool to maximize my chance to get garanteed damage and nobody ever posted anything about meaties with Wolf.
    With the help of my friend G0d3l i found a way to study wolf's meatis and put them on practice.
    Here's what i did to find this meaty attack and when use them.

This meaties works differently based on the opponent weight. For some reason i can't find proper meaty attack vs Eileen, El Blaze and Aoi because they have a weird weight/hitbox combination.

however there's a somehow universal meaty which is
    [4][3][P] after [9][P][+][K]/[1][P][+][K] -> [4][6][P][+][K] after this mini combo you can setup [4][3][P] meati if the opponent doesn't tech roll towards wolf's back. Against' Eileen it should be [4][4][3][P] otherwise she may escape in some scenarios.
    In this specific case you don't need another option, because you will always be +1 or better if your opponent block the mid, and if he doesn't you have a garanteed hit throw to take massive damage, or a combo to take damage and drunken points against shun di.

But let's move to the next scenario

[3][K][+][G] -> [9][P][+][K] -> [P] -> [1][P][+][K] -> [6][2][4][P][P] : from here things gets a little bit complicated because we don't have an istant move that gives us a meaty (or at least i didn't find it) but we can use ways to waste frames and get a meaty thanks to [K]~[G]. When istantly canceled this move eats 16 frames and the move with more active frames that gives us a meaty is [4][K][+][G]
    With this setup we have many scenarios when we are safe on distance or when we hit on side changing the move to -10 to -5 (cd fuzzy possibile). However there are some scenarios when we are actually at -10 but that means we have to guess correctly the throw our opponent is going to use in exchange of a possibile massive damage with our hit throws.

I know some people won't like this because the hit throw doesn't give any garanteed damage once we are in the neck holder situation but once we educate our opponent to stand still this is were the catch throw [9][P][+][G] comes in. 50 damage and sobers 1 shun di. Not bad at all and it will give us another hard knock down so that the opponent will have to rise again and get his rythm back.

this meaty works perfectly with all mid weights from lion up to Jean Kujo. With Wolf and Jeffry things gets tricky because you can't use the screw as combo ender, so i'm still looking for other options. Also with the light weights who fall slower on the ground the timing is different (especially with aoi, i hate you kingo).

I'll post more meaties and how i setup them in the future so keep an eye on this tread. Also if you have any criticism or suggerstion it's always wellcome.

Ben_Lord_Dur, EvenPit, Cozby and 2 others like this.
  2. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Thanks for this Ive bben using Wolf for a while and didn't know hardly any of his meaty setups/moves.
    Wolf meaty video thread?? OO maybe? probably?

3. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

After I finish with the punish videos I'll start with wolf's specific stuff. Meanwhile the other guy working on the youtube channel may post something about other characters. So stay tuned on my youtube channel.

EvenPit likes this.
  4. Mister

Guys I found a way to use meatis also on Aoi.

after [3][K][+][G]->[9][P][+][K]->[P]->[1][P][+][K]->[6][2][4][P][P] you can still use the previous metod to get a meaty ([K]~[G]). However since the hit connects a frame later you can't input [4][K][+][G] normally but it has to be [4][4][K][+][G]. It just requires a bit of practice to get used to but it isn't difficult to obtain.

5. pana

pana Well-Known Member

Meaties tested on Aoi only

• Combo > [1][P][+][K] > [6][2][4][P][P]
    -> [K]~[G] > [3][K] which hits the opponent on the ground and is Meaty at the same time. Leaves Wolf at -1/-2 if blocked from a ST opponent, at +12/+11 if it hits.
    or
    -> OM > [3][P] which is another Down Attack/Meaty. It can hit to the side; -1 if blocked, +4/5 on hit.
    or
    -> [K]~[G] > [4][K] (input 44K). Not very consistent but it leaves Wolf at +12/11 if it hits to the side, brutal near the wall.

• [6][2][4][P][P] (alone) or [6][P][P][+][K] or [P][6][P][P]
    -> OM > [3][K][+][G] or [1][P][+][K]
    or
    -> Jump (descending) [P]. It depends on how fast the opponent was at TR'ing but it can be +16 on hit!
    or
    -> [P][K][G] > [3][K]. 3K hits Meaty (can hit to the side; -2 on block, +11 on hit) or an opponent on the ground.
    or
    Note: After those KD you also have enough advantage to make Deadly Move K or P+G a mix-up

• [4][6][P] (alone)
    -> OM > [4][6][P]. It can leave Wolf at -11/12 instead of -15 but it can also whiff if the opponent delays his Tech as much as possible.
    If the opponent stays on the ground you'll 46P over him and you'll be BT. From this position you can CrouchBackDash to istigate a Rising Attack, then get away with a CD in the other direction to punish it with 3K+G (everything is a guess though).
    or
    -> Jump (descending) [P]. It's the usual +12, Meaty is not easy to place since there are so many frames in which you can TR from 46P's KD.
    • Combo > [1][P][+][K] > [6_][P] > [6][2][4][P]
    -> [3][K][+][G] (input 33K+G). Seems really easy to place.
    or
    -> [6][6] > [3][P][+][K]. It's a meaty and can also hit the opponent on the ground. The Down Attack isn't guaranteed, avoiding it tough if your opponent doens't have a Low Reversal as Aoi has (don't use it on her).

• [9][P][+][K] or [1][P][+][K] (the 443P is excellent but there also are)
    -> [6][P][P]. It becomes -13 if blocked (Aoi can still get a KD, not that different from -15).
    or
    -> [K]~[G] > [3][P][+][K]. Can be timed to hit on the ground and be Meaty at the same time.

• [3][K] on CH
    -> [P] > [3][K][+][G] or [1][P][+][K]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    Unicorn likes this.
  6. Mister

Thanks for the info I'll test as soon as possible.

7. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    There are few Desc P meaties you can apply with Wolf, they are very strong yet tricky.
    Strong because desc P have 6(!!!) active frames, so it is quite easy to hit the 4-frame meaty window. Also if you hit opponent after belated TR, I think you can go up to +16 or even (I think) +18, what is great.
    Downsides are 2:
    1st is that you need to perfectly time the P. In most cases, you need to "buffer" it in the 1st moment when it will not change into Asc P; if you are late, perfect TR => evade will work on you.
    2nd problem is that you will never know what is your actual advantage. Once you can just lowthrow, other time you can 624PP as guaranteed damage (desc P firces crouch), next time you can hit 46P or even 33P+K.
    Also if blocked, it is quite tricky move. Once you are like -2, other times you are +2. It all depends on how fast they TR and if you timed your P perfectly.

Are you sure this is meaty?
    I will test it once at home, but from my previous tests, it should be basically completely opposite situation

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  8. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I made some testing and just as I feared, belated TR will make 3K to whiff and open you for BIG punishment. On Guard, you are -9 / -8

9. Mister

@Pana can you tell me which opponent did you chose to test those meaties? Because the results changes based on the opponent's weight. Thanks

10. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    :)

BTW if you are testing meaties, are you testing it vs fasts TR only, or vs both fasts and slowest?

11. Mister

BTW new meaty vs Taka.

After this specific combo: [3][K][+][G] [9][P][+][K] [P] [4][K][+][G][P] just istantly go for [4][4][K][+][G] and it will be a meaty with the istant quick rise or tech roll and the delayed version.

The reason to perform it as [4][4][K][+][G] is to waste 1frame to get a meaty in all the scenarios.

12. Zass

Zass Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Zass30
    Has anyone figured out a way to reliably get [4][3][P] meaty after [6][2][4][P][P]?

After landing [6][2][4][P][P], I can do [6][6] into [3][K][+][G] as a meaty pretty reliably, but I haven't found a reliable way to time [4][3][P] other than to hope to get lucky. It's so much better though, as it's +7 if blocked from the side! Has anyone found a way to time it? I've tried K~G, OM, and dash to no avail :(

To be clear, I mean meaty as in landing on an opponent that is side rolling.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  13. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I assume [6][2][4] means screw lariat [6][2][4][P][P]?

14. Zass

Zass Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Zass30
    Yes, sorry about that. I've fixed the post.

15. Mister

I don't know a way to put that move after the screw, but i know a way to setup [4][3][P] after [1][P][+][K] or [9][P][+][K], After those two moves (it doesn't matter which one, the trick is the same) input [4][6][P][+][K] and [4][6][P] will come out as a meaty against the majority of the cast. There are some exceptions:
    vs Eileen input a back dash to waste a frame
    vs Aoi it doesn't always come out as a meaty. It mostly depends from which side they tech roll

I also didn't test it with taka and the other heavy weights. But against any other character you should get a meaty.

After a screw hook i prefer to do [K] canceled with [G] to waste 14 frames and do [4][K][+][G] ! [P][+][G]

It's -10 on block ok, but most of the time you'r safe due to the distance and even if you're not you always have 1/3 of a chance to tech the throw.

however you should use this setup after a screw as combo ender. For a lonely screw I noticed you may do something else like a whiffed [P] and then the toe kick without the canceled kick trick.

Also keep in mind that it's ok to look for a meaty, but you also need something else to keep your opponent guessing. And be ready to use a ground throw when they stop tech rolling or quick rising

16. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I think you mean [4][3][P]..?
    Anyway with 43P meaty be careful as it have only 3 active frames so latest frame TR will make it whiff for stupid punishment (you are like -bazilion frames on such whiff).

After screw hook desc P work like meaty against most of the chars but this is a bit tricky, as you need to input P as soon as possible (but not too soon, or you will get ascP).
    Good thing is desc P have 6 active frames, so it is easy to cover all possible TR timings; bad thing is that it is really hard to mix it with anything else vs good players as desc K will whiff by default and empty jump into whatever can be killed on reaction.

17. Mister

yes i meant 43P of course. That was a typo

18. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Thx. I was just wondering, because 46P from side can actually work a bit - but I never found a way how to make it hit from side after TR :(

19. Mister

I honestly won't use 46P as move to meaty (altought there are ways) just because it's free damage if blocked.

20. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    from side it is -9 only, that is why I am asking. not the best but there are times when it MAY be worth it.