1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Media on VFDC

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Nov 16, 2014.

By Myke on Nov 16, 2014 at 8:56 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I'm pleased to announce the new Media section now officially open on VFDC! This library has been initially curated by our Media Managers @BLACKSTAR and @oneida and contains a wide selection of VF related videos and playlists ranging from tournaments, challenges and tutorials. Read on for a full feature breakdown.
    slide.jpg

Access
    You can access the Media section in the main navigation bar.

Features
    The default page will show you recently added and trending videos and playlists.

In the sub navigation bar you'll find:
    media-subnav.PNG
    • Random Media: as the name suggests, this will take you to a video by random. Because, why not?
    • Media: browse all media in all categories.
    • Playlists: browse all public playlists.
    • Submit Media: (registered users only) submit new videos to the library, subject to approval.
    In the sidebar you'll find:
    media-sidebar.PNG
    • Media Categories: click on a category to filter
    • Search Media: general search using key words
    • Character Cloud: click on a character to filter (the more prominent the text, the more that character is featured)
    Media Searching
    While browsing all media, in addition to the various one-click filtering options available above, you can also apply some more advanced filtering by specifying a character, (VFDC) username, and/or the Game (click the spanner icon).
    media-search.PNG

Contributing
    Help the community in curating our very own VF library! Know of some VF related videos that aren't in the library? Then why not submit them! All registered users can submit videos which are subject to approval by the Media Managers.

Thanks
    Thanks once again to @BLACKSTAR and @oneida for getting the VFDC Media library off to a fantastic start!

academi-ya, Tricky, CFW and 22 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Nov 16, 2014.

1. wingchun_warrior
      wingchun_warrior
      Now this is so nice that's what I'm talking about keep up the good work thx that's what makes people stick around
    2. Ribx
      Ribx
      No longer will I have to search in nico for matches. Others will do it for me now and post it here.

VFDC: Spoiling 4~7 players since 1963. :D
      G0d3L, Shinobi and BLACKSTAR like this.
    3. DigitlSamurai
      DigitlSamurai
      How would I go about getting my videos listed? I have over 2oo VF5FS videos, both tournaments and casuals. If possible, I'd like to get them all posted here. Even better if the new ones showed up as I upload them.
    4. oneida
      oneida
      Bon appetit!
      G0d3L, Shinobi and BlackGeneral like this.
    5. oneida
      oneida
      It would be helpful if you put all your stuff in a playlist, as the alternative is to upload them one-by-one. I'll put some stuff up from your channel right now. Thanks for the heads up!
    6. ShinyBrentford
      ShinyBrentford
      The Grapeman approves. This is a really good idea. Good Job VFDC.
      [​IMG]
      Mold_Monkey93 likes this.
    7. G0d3L
      G0d3L
      This is too much :cry: (tears of joy)

I really think there isn't anywhere any other fighting game site so well organized.

VFDC once again setting the bar higher.
      ShinyBrentford and BLACKSTAR like this.
    8. DK
      DK
      Yes agreed, DOWN WITH 8WAYRUN! :mad:
      Unicorn likes this.
    9. G0d3L
      G0d3L
      8WAYRUN is very good but its wiki <<<<<< VFDC wiki

The wiki, for me, is THE most important thing.
      The VFDC wiki should be the official one chosen by SEGA.
      I stil don't f@#&%$g understand why SEGA is not putting any money into this jewel.
      I'm not talking about big money time but at least something.
      And they even left out this very domain...
      Ellis and Myke like this.
    10. ShinyBrentford
      ShinyBrentford
      Like my grandma always says "why pay for the cow when you get the sex for free." ROFL
      G0d3L likes this.
    11. Tha_FeauchA
      Tha_FeauchA
      This will help a lot for learning new characters.

Big thanks to everyone involved in making this happen.
    12. SUGATA
      SUGATA
      Good idea, Myke!

But what about to make real-time refreshing VF (or similar fightings) Stream Channels list like this:
      http://www.fighting.ru/tv
    13. Myke
      Myke
      Have you seen http://virtuafighter.com/streams/ ?

Whenever a stream is live, an indicator will appear above the Streams link. If the live stream is broadcasting a VF game, then a video thumbnail will also appear in the side bar of the site.
      SUGATA and ShinyBrentford like this.
    14. SUGATA
      SUGATA
      Did not know about video thumbnail for VF game. Awesome!