1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

melbourn 2001 movie (vf3)

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by BK__, Oct 2, 2001.

1. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

hey, does any one still have that?? i checked the link and they have been taken off!!

i loved that movie!! is there any way i can download it again??

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

well, I can't do it at this moment, but maybe in 5-7 hours I'll upload it again. I'll keep you updated on that.

Just that I don't like flooding my university account webspace, but for you, sure. I'll put the file back up (and hope that somebody eventually offers space for it).

BTW, what happened to the Lion and Akira(?) clips that someone (you?) posted? I didn't get a chance to download those.

-Chanchai

3. Chanchai

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.cs.orst.edu/~saenguni/vf/clips/>Chanchai's VF Clips directory</A>

The file's up now. Get it while you can.

-Chanchai

4. Chanchai

Response to your movies.

Finally saw your movies.

I like the sequencing you did on the clips, was a very nice at home job.

Akira clip was pretty fun to watch, a lot of simple stuff, but definitely has some of the really cute and cool stuff too. Descending jump kick combos are always fun in my book. Nice flow as far as I can tell.

Regarding the Lion clip, I liked the stuff you did. The only thing I can think of in there that I have not personally used would be the low P-->dodge-->f+P+E against Shun. I thought of it as a very interesting way of getting to the opponent's back after a tiny poke, and it's definitely along the lines of stuff I enjoy doing with Lion (I usually do poke-->dodge to opponent's front leg-->uf+E if they do certain strings).

In any case, it was an enjoyable experience, especially considering what I assume to be a lack of competition for you. Really cool in that regard. Also, gotta admit I enjoyed watching your throw-bombs (d+K, K+G, throw escape). For the helluvit, I did this quite a bit at the past two New York gatherings (NYG2 and Virtua Gathering) with some fun success (and responses like: "What the hell are you doing?").

-Chanchai

5. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

hey bareknuckle, in your akira vid clip what background music did you use??

"How many people wanna kick some a$$!!?? i Do! i Do!..." Stroke 9

6. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

hey thanks chanchai!!

im glad people like my movies, but i'd have to say that my akira is fairly dated, i am now getting used to the "korean step" technique, and i play ALOT smoother thanx to you guys...

as for lion, i picked up that technique (d p E) quite early, it's quite funny!! i call it the "crouching mantis" display heh heh..

i also have a funny technique to lau where i fight completely with my back turned (blind stance)

i just find all these weird things in the game it's quite amusing and fun to watch... i just got a second joystick for my dreamcast the other day and i fight my brother (divine_visitor) all the time (he's cool with shun) mabye i should make some movie tournaments out of that! LOL!

oh, and who ever wanted to know about the tune behind akira, it's kyo kusanagi's theme from king of fighters 2000!! (sorry, i couldnt resist taking that theme!! LOL)

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by bare_knuckle93 on 10/04/01 05:13 AM (server time).</FONT></P>