1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Melbourne

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Myke, Sep 4, 2000.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I'm going to be in Melbourne next week from Wednesday midday to Sunday afternoon. During that time, I've told Doomboy that I should be available for some gaming downtown on either Wednesday or Friday during the day. If any of you other guys from Melbourne (all two of you) are interested in meeting up, let me know and we'll arrange something.

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

2. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Hey Myke I've done a search of every arcade I can think of In the city and it would seem VF is no more : ( .But I'm willing to go to any length to play some good VF so is there any chance you could tell me what suburb you're staying in?,If you don't mind too much you could come over to my house in Diamond Creek,no issues with weird arcade setups guaranteed to be able to play VF,VO,and DOA 2,.We could split the cab fare or I could meet you at a train station of your choice,and anyone else from Melbourne is welome,oh and no need to be worried about playing at my house,when you meet me you'll find I'm very short and unintimidating,plus I'd like to make a VF tape for Chanchai.

3. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I'll be staying in a hotel at South Yarra, so I have no idea how far away that is. I don't mind travelling out to your place, but let's arrange the details when I get there. You have my mobile no. so just give me a call after midday, next Wednesday (13th Sept).

Question about your home DC setup, how many joysticks and twinsticks do you have? If the answer is two of each, then we'll put on a show for Chanchai :) In the case that you only have one joystick, then let me know and I'll try to bring one of mine. Not bringing my twinsticks though, just don't have the room for them.

__
    m y k e

4. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Well I have one arcade stick, but sadly no twinsticks (yes I know I'm a fool).Who's your char on DOA2 by the way?.Maybe VO will take a back seat to VF but I would certainly like some tips on dash vectoring,and I'll assume using a control pad would be next to impossible for you?.

5. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Damn, only 1 joystick? That's ..... well... OK I'll lug one of mine along :)

Yeah, forget about VOOT altogether now. I'm incapable of unlearning years worth of twinstick control in order to adjust to the sucky DC pad in a single afternoon. It may be better if we go to an arcade for VOOT or VOOM, and I can show you thrust vectoring to your heart's content. At the very least I'll draw you some diagrams on a piece of paper which will help explain it.

In DoA2 my chars are Zack, Leon and Haya.

BTW, how far is your place from South Yarra?

__
    m y k e

6. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Hmm my place is about an hour or just under from south yarra.I'd say $50 cab fare each way ,I'll pay your cab fare back if paying that amount to get here is okay with you (I was planning on spending that much at the arcade anyway).On a side note South Yarra is the home of the Jam Factory which is where I first played Virtua fighter 3 TB hmm interesting.

7. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Could you check or call to see whether Jam Factory still has a TB machine then? If so, that would save me a lot of trouble.

__
    m y k e

8. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Guys
    i'm in melbourne as well
    in fact.. i live along exhibition st in the city(PARAMOUNT)
    n with me are two arcade sticks(vf3tb) n two twin sticks(Voot)
    so if u guys wanna meet up...email me....it's in my profile...
    n myke, south yarra is like a ten mins drive from my place.

A defeat today will somehow translate into a victory in the future! TRY HARDER NEXT TIME!

9. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Alright Summers, that's great! I'll email you and Doomboy my details.

__
    m y k e

10. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Ok guys checked the Jam Factory, they still have VF3 at a place called Intensity next to the cinema.That ok with you Myke,Summers?.

11. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

hey guys...come to my place....i got two arcade sticks for VF3tb n twin sticks for voot!
    think of all the cash we can save!!!!! i'm kinda broke recently:(
    Plus, it's right in the city , bourke st.

A defeat today will somehow translate into a victory in the future! TRY HARDER NEXT TIME!

12. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

by the way doomboy

is ur VF3TB a local version or a US version?
    cause mine's the jap version...i do have the CDX disc that will let me play import games. so if u prefer to use your copy, bring it along. i know the options are better...

13. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Sounds like a fantastic idea to me,my VF is american yes so I'll bring it along if Mike is cool with it,I'll bring my arcade stick too (wouldn't wanna bash yours I know I'm very defensive with my arcade stick).Do you have Dead or Alive 2 or Giant gram 2000, I could bring some other games if you like,couldn't give me directions or meet me somewhere around the city,I was gonna have to take a bus and a train to get to south yarra.Oh yeah this may sound weird but any chance we could tape any of this? I'd love a momento of the event plus Chanchai would like a tape.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by {Doomboy} on 9/5/00 07:31 AM.</FONT></P>

14. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Funny u should mention it, me n another friend who will be playing with us have made arrangments to tape it hehehe:)

btw, i hope you two don't expect too much from us, we don't consider ourselves to be really good. but, that factor alone cannot stop us from loving the game.

oh yeah i haven't got DOA2(anticipating the jap version...)...very much appreciate it if you could bring it,
    games that i got are
    VF3TB n VOOT
    soul calibur, F355, sega rally 2, shutoku battle2 (tokyo extreme highway) crazy taxi, kof 99 evolution, sf3 3rd strike n too much to list....hey you got any english rpgs?
    oh, did i mention i got grandia 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u can bring ur own arcade stick if u wish, our second stick is kinda weird. the stick gets stuck sometimes.
    hey, if u wanna meet up with me...either email me or buzz me thru icq.
    hope to hear from u soon.

15. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Hmm any chance you could make a copy of the tape?.Grandia2!! I've been wanting to get a look at that,If you have a friend with you that would be great we could play DOA2 4 player,can you email me your number and name and I'll call you next Tuesday to arrange things.Oh yeah I got Power Stone 2,Sega GT,Marvel vs Capcom 1&2,Wacky Races,Ecco,Res Evil,Star Gladiator 2,Giant Gram 2000,Sonic,F355,Soul Calibur,VF3,VO2,and DOA2,tell me if you need any controllers.: )

16. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

sure, i'll mail u my details
    hey, where do you get ur import games?
    do you order them online or thru a local retailer?
    i have been kinda desperate for a US VF3TB n english rpgs...but i don't have a credit card...yes...i know, 24 yet without a credit card...the shame:(

17. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Looking good

This is all shaping out pretty well, much better than I expected actually!

So we're all set for Wednesday and Friday at Summer's place. Sounds like everything is covered between the two of you in terms of games and controllers, so all I need to bring is myself and a few cans of whup-ass just in case :)

Even though I've emailed you both my mobile number, I think it'd be useful if I get your contact numbers too, so could you email them to me? What I'll probably do once I've checked in, is to give Summers a call, get some directions, and then just head on over. Or Doomboy, would you prefer we meet somewhere first before heading over to Summer's place together? Would that be easier?

__
    m y k e

18. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Re: Looking good

Well I'll call SummErs Tuesday night and If he's okay with it I'll meet him outside the cinema in Burke street at about 1:00.Think you can hop a cab and meet us there by then Myke?,If we do play 4 player DOA2 you'll be without an arcade stick though do you mind?.Oh yeah Myke don't worry about bringing your can of whupp ass I've got plenty to go around. (hehe I was wondering when the trash talking would start)Myke did you wanna get something to eat first there are a few places in Burke.

19. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

Yeah, meeting you outside the cinema (village, right?) on Bourke st @ 1pm sounds good to me. Getting some food first would be wise as well! Hmm, I'm not that hardcore about DoA2 for me to want to bring along my joystick, so I think using the pad should be fine. You guys may need the handicap anyway :)

__
    m y k e

20. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

yeah me n my friend who will be joining us will need the handicap....we've had less than 2o mins playing time on DOA2....:)