Memory card usage

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by GLC, Jun 10, 2002.

1. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

I'd like to know if someone uses their memcard exclusively for VS matches. That's it, really.

2. death_raven

death_raven Well-Known Member

yup, i got 2 cards a 16mb and an 8mb, i usually save all my games on the 8mb then when i'm done with the game store it on the 16 mb, then VF4 came out, and i had the desire to get every character to highking, (my friends thought i was crazy, you probably do to now), but i'm gonna do it, its the perfect way to learn every character and also the opponent, so i made the 8 mb card have VF4 saves only.

3. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

I meant if someone used their card only for matches against human opponents - that means getting a rank exclusively in VS mode. Maybe I should've worded my previous post differently.

4. death_raven

oh sorry i misunderstood you, well my card is for both C.P.U.
    and human players, the reason for this is i only have one competitor, and he hasn't played me for a while. but there might be someone that does that, im just curious why the sudden interest in this? (no offense)

5. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

why the sudden interest in this?

I just think it's a lot more fun getting a ranking and a win/loss ratio only against humans (provided you have enough competition, at least a few people) - I don't care about getting all the items and such; I'm curious if there's someone who has similar thoughts (probably not hehe).

6. death_raven

i'm sure there is, but also note in the media forum there's a post there by GaijinPunch and it states that he found out from vf.net ( i think it was VF.net) that the best VF player just played at home with CPU opponents.

7. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

[snip] that the best VF player just played at home with CPU opponents.

He stated that it was a rumor... besides, not the "best VF player" but best "VF.net player", maybe /versus/images/icons/wink.gif It's a difference heh.

8. death_raven

oh, ok, must have read that one wrong LOL.

9. Tripp

Tripp Member

I've been doing exactly what you have mentioned. Getting a rank playing human opponents exclusivly...I'm stuck at 1st dan and will probably be there forever. I simply do not have enough competition.

10. death_raven

i'd play human competition only, if i had one, here in Reno there is just none, probably because there not in arcades, and my friends aren't in to it, it sucks.

11. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

How many people have you played with that one card?

12. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I'm sure that no matter how many cpu opponents you face, it can never recreate the live competition experience.

13. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

In what way is your comment relevant to this thread? /versus/images/icons/wink.gif Sorry, couldn't resist.

14. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

You don't play against humans AT ALL? Not even against one friend? That sucks.

15. death_raven

there's no competition here, GLC. i use to play with one of my friends but i surpassed him in playing styles, and he cant beat me, so he quit playing. there goes my competition

16. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Do what my friend did - slap some advertisements on bus stops /versus/images/icons/wink.gif It didn't get him any good competition but at least it was competition.

17. I was gonna do a file for just vs human players but you get stuck at 1st dan and don't get any items... I was dissappointed

18. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

It's not about items or ranking, it's about your win/loss ratio against humans. Are you very proud of your vs. CPU ranks? Anyone can beat up the CPU /versus/images/icons/wink.gif