1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Messing around with Kage...

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Nutlog, Jan 21, 2000.

1. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

By now, most of you know about my fascination with wall combos. I've landed this one, but only once, as I'm not to good at the moded DP yet...

Back to wall, vs. girls:
    f+P+G, DP, u/b+K, moded DP. looks sweet, and I'm trying to get it on tape, but I have a hell of a time getting that second DP to connect. Thought I'd throw this out there and let you kage buffs chew on why this is so tuff.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I did a cool wall combo at the arcade today:

TFT, knee, PK, running slide (makes opponent bounce on the wall), flipkick.

Ouch...

3. dickson

dickson Active Member

Re: how about this one on DC some time ago ...

akira vs lighties

RBC, SDE, mod shoulder, bounce off from wall, DLC

too plain though ...

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    (wall) f+P+G, DP, ub+K, m-DP

I tinkered around with this one tonight, against Aoi, and I couldn't land the 2nd DP at all, even though it seems it should've connected visually. After the wall-flop, Aoi pretty much landed flat on her back, with her head slightly bouncing as it hit the floor, but the DP just seems to miss her head each time. This was tried on Akira's stage.

Anyone else have any luck? Anyone else even care? BTW Nutlog, why do you need a modded DP? I didn't see (lack of) distance being an issue with this combo, and that's the only benefit I see of modifying a DP -- to gain distance -- but this costs some frames, by which time Aoi is practically idle on the ground. Am I missing something?

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

5. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

Against AOI:

Back against wall: bP+G => f,d,f/dP => P => bK+G =>f,d,f/dP
    The more perpendicular and closer to the wall the easier.
    Will try that knee, PK, slide, kickflip combo tonight. Sounds sweet.

6. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Sounds like a cool one indeed! I'm just as curious as Myke on needing a longer DP...hmm.

Nutlog, have you ever tried this combo with 2 DPs before the ub+K? Sort of along the same lines as the gamest combo: f+P+G, DP, DP, wall, low_K, DP!

Beautiful combo - ridiculous setup though. ;)

cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

7. Guest

Guest Guest

re wall TFT, DP, TT PKG, b+K+G, DP...a kickflip will work in place of the DP there, too. looks better, more damage (146 points). you have to dash forward a bit for the kickflip to hit - hits on the bounce.

someone also told me a long time ago something absurd like f+P+G, uf+K (wall bounce), d,uf,k x 3, DP or kickflip (that's f+P+G, van halen kick (wall bounce), hop kick x 3, end with a kickflip or DP). dunno on who (probably aoi). i haven't tried it out yet. will do later tonight.

8. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

Yep that definitely works. Another Kage combo that I've seen listed in the maniac combo section of the Gamest TB Mook but have never managed to pull off is:

Upslope required near wall so It must be Pai's stage I reckon.
    f+P+G> DP> DP OTB> (Opponent bounces off wall) d+P> DP

BTW has anyone got the time to translate all the maniac, wall, Aoi and Taka combo's?

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!

Regards

UK Guy

Yomi is the key.

9. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    I'm pretty sure I've got all this right, but in case there are any mistakes, sorry.

VF3 tb Gamest Mook combos for Kage

Maniac:

1. B+P+G, Knee, PPK, sliding/running kick ; note: light & middle weights

2. F+P+G, B+K+G, (D,U/F+K), Quick Forward ((F+E or F,F)), U/B+K+G ; note: counter hit, light & middle w.'s

3. during fall of big jump F+K, U/F+K+G ; note: crouching counter

Wall and Undulation Combos

1. B+P+G, (oppt. hits wall), Drag. Punch, PKG, Drag. Punch, D/F+K (down attack)
    note: kage's back to the wall

2. F+P+G, Drag. Punch X 2, (oppt. hits wall), D+P, Drag. punch ; Note: kage's back to wall, light & middle weights

3. F+P+G, (D,U/F+K), (D,U/F,K) X 2, Drag. punch ; note: kage's back to wall, Pai & Aoi only

Versus Aoi Combos

1. B+P+G, (aoi hits wall), Drag. punch, PKG (turns around I'm pretty sure), B+K+G, Drag. punch ; note: kage's back to wall

2. same as above except substitute D/F+K+G for final DP

3. Drag. punch, low kick, Drag. punch ; note: closed stance, aoi crouching, use combos 3-5 after guarding aoi's D+K+G

4. same as 3 but end with U/B+K+G after low kick ; note: crouching

5. D+K+G, low kick, Drag, punch (cool!) ; note: open stance, crouching

6. (D,U/F+K), low kick, Drag. punch ; note: closed stance, crouching

7. same as above but end in U/B+K+G, not DP ; note: crouching

8. middle kick, Drag. punch X 2 ; note : open stance, counter hit

9. B+K+G, low kick, dragon punch ; note: open stance, they say that while a normal hit will work, you'll probably never get a chance heh

10, i had a little trouble translating this, due to what looks like a type-o on gamest's part (the final hit is listed as a sommersault kick, but with an additional kanji at the front, which i couldn't find on any move list), so i'm just assuming it's :
    (D,U/F+P), U/F+K+G, U/B+K+G ; no note

Taka Combos

1. F+P+G, Middle Kick X 2, Drag. punch ; note: counter hit to the back

2. " ", " " (just once), low punch, F,F+K+G (fresh!) note: counter hit to the back

3. running/sliding kick, U/B+K+G ; note: crouching counter hit, try to hit taka's low punch

4. (during taka's big jump...i think) D/P+PP, PPP, D/F+K+G

that's it... hope this was helpful. if you have questions about any of the other lists in the mook, send me a message

10. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Now how about translating the entire combo section!

Go on, you know it makes sense

Regards

UK Guy

Yomi is the key.

11. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Thanks for the translations spotlite, I'm sure many here appreciate your efforts. As for future work (if you have the time) I wouldn't mind seeing the Uramawari sections for each character translated.

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Now that would be great !!!!!!

13. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

I'd like to inform everyone that I'm translating the whole TB mook combo section - so if anyone's thinking of translating it, don't bother; the FAQ translation will be up in next 3-4 days.

14. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

thanks

Yomi is the key.