1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

MG Movie

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Myke, Oct 12, 2000.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Having just received copies of the Melbourne Gathering tapes, I figured I'd screw around with trying to make a quick movie cap. The following short clip is a highlight of the first 20 minutes of a 3 hour tape. The bgm was provided by a friend of Chanchai.

http://virtuafighter.com/new_movies_here/mg_intro.mpg

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

2. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Hey Myke can I be in the next video for more than 8 seconds getting my ass kicked with my worst character?,assuming your planning more video's.Oh well at least I didn't get it as bad as SummErs ha haa
    :)

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by {Doomboy} on 10/12/00 11:29 AM.</FONT></P>

3. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    HAHAH! Gorgeous kick-flip reversals, Mike (how'd the @!#$ did you guess that). I wish i had the balls to try that during an actual fight...

Nice clip...can't wait to see more!!

<font color=red>ORA! ORA! ORA!</font color=red>

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red>

4. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

I liiiked it I liiiked it.

Really nice video Mike. nice game play and
    Excellent yomi on the K-flips (although I must
    wonder at how many times you didn't guess right)!

Wonderful to see videos besides my own. C'mon
    CrewNYC, your turn! I miss your "combat videos"!

GE

5. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Myke Mad love! Great Yomi!,the crowd wants more! (hint,hint)

6. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Awesome video!

Thanks for sticking that track in there/images/icons/smile.gif

Can someone explain the Akira thing on Lau's stage? That was just too weird... (so awesome that you stuck that in). Ahhh, I get it now... Myke has telepathic powers in VF!!!! jk

I'm guessing the next video is gonna have tons of lightning kicks and kickflipping? Not to mention a lot of Taka's stage? hehe

So what's this I hear about a VF3 Olympics After-party (Sydney Games)?

-Chanchai

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Updating the title page

BTW, is it possible to put links for mg_intro and Rich the movie on the main page?

Not that everyone checks the main page, but at least it's a place to search for vids when people are looking for them (though I check that directory quite a bit).

Guess things are running on the VF3tb hype machine eh? BTW, does anyone have any videoclips that aren't really currently available around?

-Chanchai

8. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I'm guessing he's showing clips of him reversing the hell outta my moves for the first hr or so(I'm Downloading it rite now).....GOD DAMN U MYKE!!!!!!!shame! Bastard!!!! hahaha

ah well....there were a few which we deliberately set up the reversal CAUSE NO ONE HERE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!! so i though, why not let me have the time of my life? Even though it's me losing, i still love seeing those reversals!!!

Anyway, i hope u guys will see more of those clips soon...we all get better n better....

and the lighting kicks hehehehehhehehe

DID JA SEE MY CRAZY KICKS? /images/icons/wink.gif

9. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

oi!!!!
    I did not know u had already got those tapes...god it was quick...we posted it to u on tuesday.

I just woke up, log on to my fav board, the first thing I saw was everyone laughing at me being reversed ...not a good way to wake upHAHAHAHAHA

hey, I was sure..damn sure there were better clips of u reversing my k-flips. Whether they were during play or the one we set up.

Anyway, let me just set the record straight here...the reversal that we set up were only matches between Jacky vs Akira, and Jacky vs Aoi.

So yeah, EVERYONE Myke did really guessed my k-flips correctly on several occassions(and on this clip).

There's more fun to be seen though hehehehehehe

10. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I'm glad you guys like the clip, although I think it turned out smaller (in resolution) than I expected? Must look into that. And the splash page kinda sucked too.. must of been scaled.

Anyway, to {Doomboy} and SummErs: The highlights will appear in roughly chronological order, that is, I'm starting at the beginning of the tape and working my way through. The movie I posted was taken from the first 3 matches on the tape! There's about 80 matches in total, so there's plenty more to come! You'll have your chance to shine, don't worry :)

Chanchai: Yeah, you sorta know what to expect next :) and I'll update the main index page sometime soon.

Wasn't that a funky bug on the great wall though?

__
    m y k e

11. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

oops...my bad!
    Sorry Adam, i jumped b4 the gun and assumed he was showing the one we set up.

On this particular occassion(n a few more), Myke did yomi correctly.
    B4 the gathering, I hadn't played any 'strangers' b4. So for the 1st hour or so, i was doing wacky moves left, right and center just to see how I could be punished.(hey, it's running on a DC, it's free...why not abuse it!)
    The results were really MOST SATISFYING

12. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Dude, I'm obviously not planning the capture our 'practice' rounds. So yeah, those Kflip reversals in what I have shown were the real deal, baby :)

__
    m y k e

13. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Yeah man, the resolution turned out to be a bit dissapointing.

Like the intro though....
    Day one...blah blah blah
    Hey, let's stick to this intro. I kinda like it lots

14. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Dude, to which i stated i think...three times now hahaha
    my bad....jumped b4 the gun

15. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

There will indeed be a Sydney games,although judging from the last time I met Myke he'll probably be hung over on the second day :).Oh well maybe that will help increase my winning percentage?

16. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

The resolution wasn't that bad,very reasonable file size considering It's length and the fancy pants intro didn't go for too long,overall very good clip nice music (didn't seem out of place).Oh yeah Myke whatever you do DON'T show me low punching SummErs with Wolf like a bitch PLEASE. :)

17. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I hope he doesn't...it'll trash my image cause i DID low punch u non stop In THAT GAME AS WELL!!!!