1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Michael Hastings 1980-2013

Discussion in 'General' started by hseiken1, Jun 19, 2013.

1. hseiken1

hseiken1 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    hseiken
  2. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

3. MDSPrime

MDSPrime Grappler & Part time Ninja

XBL:
    Pilchard LoveR
    I came across this story last month, looks like the redlist (real freedom lovers) are being targetted under the NDAA (National Defense Authorisation Act), the law that allows the US gov to indefinitely detain and/or kill it's own citizens without trial where so-called national security interests are concerned. Apparently journalists that expose gov corruption, lies etc. are now falling victim to this tyrannical legislation.

4. Happy_Friend

Well, McChrystal ran essentially a massive assassination apparatus in Afghanistan. The nexus of US military and intelligence has turned this stuff into a science (see Operation Phoenix in Vietnam - CIA assassination program killed 30,000+). Hastings really had some balls compared to the rest of the lackey corporate media. That is probably why those goons around McChrystal said all that stuff around Hastings - they never imagined a reporter would actually report on how contemptuous they were for democracy and laws, etc. Could have been killed for revenge or for a story he was working on. As ever, we are unlikely to ever know for certain. The world is run by gangsters.

MDSPrime likes this.
  5. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

I've been following this since it happened. Everything is par for the course. But no one is paying attention as usual. Whats really trippy and super disrespectful in the end is that "they" thought it would be okay to cremate his body against his family's choice of not doing so.

Or how about the case of Andrew Breitbart. The coroner working on it was poisoned to death. All this stuff just swept under the rug as usual. Gangster world for sure.

6. hseiken1

XBL:
    hseiken
    One thing that made me laugh, sigh and look over my shoulder all at once was when I was in boot camp, one of my colleagues said, "Dude, we're like mafia fixers, man."

He was not too far off even though he was making a joke...

Happy_Friend likes this.
  7. hseiken1

XBL:
    hseiken
  8. Happy_Friend

If anyone is interested in getting a good historical overview of the dark side of the politics, this is the best series of documentaries I have ever seen on the subject:

Counter-Intelligence

This starts with the creation of the CIA as the secret police of capitalism, created by Wall Street. It goes all the way up to the present with the Global War on Terror, used to justify imperialist foreign wars and a police state at home that amounts to glorified protection racket.

For fun, I like to find video and audio on the web of people talking about this stuff, often while I am playing video games. That is probably not exactly 'normal,' but oh well.

9. hseiken1

XBL:
    hseiken
    Haha, I do same thing. And it was widely known that we simply replace 'the reds' with terrorists to have some 'hidden enemy' at home. The only difference is, the terrorist thing is blatant racisim whereas, say, a russian spy during the cold war was white dudes trying to point out other white dudes. Now it's 'LOOK! BROWN PEOPLE!' which is just insane to me.

10. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

hseiken1 likes this.