1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Microsoft buying SEGA rumours again!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by GustavoHeisenberg, Sep 24, 2020.

1. GustavoHeisenberg

GustavoHeisenberg Well-Known Member

We all saw what happened with Zenimax going to team green and "other consoles on a case by case basis".

People are split with some saying either:

*all the games are still coming to PlayStation 5 (Xbox benefits from permanent gamepass access and on day 1 of release) since "Microsoft has abandoned exclusives entirely" supposedly.

*other say Microsoft are using the Sony playbook - take games hostage and keep them away from the competitor, keep games only on Windows, Xbox & Xcloud (except switch).

*with others expecting a case by case implementation of these two extremes, or perhaps something a little different to both.

How do you think a prospective SEGA buy out could impact Games we love?

2. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

As a person who is a fan, of some of their cool sega games, I really hope that rumour is not true.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  3. beanboy

If that rumour were true, that would suck.

4. beanboy

People are theorising that the Phantasy Star 2 Online updates, are all due to sega being financially sponsored by Microsoft. Interesting. If those rumours are true, I wonder what Microsoft gets out of it? Exclusivity for sega games on Xbox Series X?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  5. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    PSO2 is Xbox exclusive for the consoles isn't it? At least in the west so I suppose that makes sense for MS.

As for buying the company as a whole, I imagine it's the kind of thing that would be blocked by the Japanese government. They don't like their big brands being brought out by western competitors
    Pretty sure they have actual rules against it.

beanboy likes this.
  6. beanboy

Yeah true. The Japanese, just like the Chinese, would block and never allow strange foreign countries like the US, to buy their iconic companies or ip's. Doing that would be sarcrilege to them for lots of reasons.