1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Might Of Found A Good Stick...

Discussion in 'Console' started by Raz, Aug 30, 2003.

1. Raz

Raz Member

The new Pelican Tournament Arcade Sticks feel pretty good. I tried one out just recently. The stick itself feels heavy with a round top and base...it doesn't feel like it would break at all. The buttons are extremely clicky, but I like that because they're easy to push and sort of feel like computer keys...making for fast moves etc.

It's 60 bucks, but I'm certainly tempted to buy it. It looks well made and Pelican tends to make very good accessories /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Raz

2. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

3. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    The p.o.s. pelican stick linked above is normally $20 or less, so hopefully the $60 stick he's talking about something new & different. Which, since it's still made by pelican, will probably suck despite being new & different. For $60, there are lots of better options out there - Hori, redoctane w/ happ, read the 1/2 billion joystick threads, make your own . . .

4. Raz

Raz Member

Umm...that link...and that stick...look nothing like the new one.

Those buttons look mushy and the stick looks like it would break.

Just go down to your local GS or something and you'll see the difference.

-Raz

5. tzgorr1

tzgorr1 Well-Known Member

I saw the new $60 Pelican stick at Gamestop the other day as well. I messed around on it a bit (but it wasn't plugged in anywhere) and it felt pretty solid with a good base. It felt almost like the X Arcade stick.

I, too, was extremely tempted to buy it but for $60, I think I might as well get the Xarcade one.

6. replicant

replicant Well-Known Member

The X-Arcade stick blows donkey's for spare change. Save your cash.